Finally want to Root but needs help

fire125k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm going to root today because I want to use the wireless hotspot on the phone without having to pay. Here are a few question... I like sense and want to keep it, I like the way the phone is set up and I don't have that many glitches. I would like to get rid of the bloatware that comes with the phone. So is there a way to root the phone and keep everything the same but remove bloatware and run wireless hotspot? And what is the easiest way to root without messing it all up?

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm going to root today because I want to use the wireless hotspot on the phone without having to pay. Here are a few question... I like sense and want to keep it, I like the way the phone is set up and I don't have that many glitches. I would like to get rid of the bloatware that comes with the phone. So is there a way to root the phone and keep everything the same but remove bloatware and run wireless hotspot? And what is the easiest way to root without messing it all up?
I used the "sticky" methos from the forums to root. Its simple, just follow the steps and you'll be done in 30 minutes.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...ocedure-how-root-thunderbolt-adb-windows.html
Once you are rooted, you can either choose a ROM, most of which have the bloatware removed, or you can follow the instrutions to remove bloatware, found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...afe-remove-once-rooted-how-put-them-back.html

Good luck! You will not regret it.
Make sure you try CM7 when you get into ROMs. Sense is nice, but I prefer this one.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I'd suggest you use the Revolutionary method to root. It will not wipe your data. Here's a video on how it's done: How to Root - HTC Thunderbolt (No Data Wipe! Newest & Fastest) - YouTube

Wireless tether downloads here: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the revolutionary method, it takes less than 15 minutes, i think the youtube video (shot in real time is only like 11 minutes?).

You can always do stock rooted if you like the way your phone is now, but honestly if you try a sense 3.0 rom like Bamf Sense 3.0 RC 4.9 you will probably fall in love.

Some roms come with mobile hotspot pre loaded onto them, if the one you chooses does not you can google for wireless tether and get that loaded up pretty easy...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tellu