Finger print scanner

Stevieb23

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi does anyone have had issues with the finger print scanner? sometimes mine does not recognise and I end up with the too many attempts message.

Posted via the Android Central App

ajshaikh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
This has to do with the marshmallow update. If you have a screenlocker app that force locks the screen then the fingerprint doesnt work. If you let it timeout as per your setting then fingerprint works. This has something to do with the revised security.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Try relearning the finger. Mine is only a issue if my fingers are wet or dirty or I have been eating finger food like frys

Stevieb23

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah after posting the thread I worked on it and I tried to find out why. It looks like when fingers are clean it works perfectly. But if touched with a dirty or wet finger tip it will not work and also you have to wipe the sensor to clean it up. I do not think there is an issue with the hardware or software here.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This has to do with the marshmallow update. If you have a screenlocker app that force locks the screen then the fingerprint doesnt work. If you let it timeout as per your setting then fingerprint works. This has something to do with the revised security.

Perfect, this solves my issue. Hoping the lock screen app will find away to work with good lock. But for now, I'll use the power key lock