fingerprint login missing for Wells Fargo App

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Fingerprint login is no longer available for my Wells Fargo app, but it was working in the past. I have cleared cache, uninstalled and re-installed the latest version, but still no luck.

when you launch the app, you suppose to see the 'use touch ID' underneath the password. but i am not seeing that on my app
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 3.21.18 PM.png

after logging in using username/password, i do not find the option to enable it under 'profile & settings' as suggested at Wells Fargo site.

anyone is having this issue?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
well, my bad. i watched a video recently to turn your s22 into a tablet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1HZUVLDGoA&list=PLt_QfSoPWorma-ZsVtjAstOhsAHOmB1lr&index=5&t=144s

it was kind of nice, at least for a while. then i lost the biometrics login for a couple of my banking apps (Wells Fargo & TD ameritrade). i spent countless hours retracing my steps what's been added/changed to my phone recently. I contacted Wells support and they did not have any complaint about the missing biometrics login either.

then a couple of days ago, i read somewhere biometrics login is not supported for tablets. then i remember i changed the phone into a tablet mode using the video i posted above. naturally, i followed the video and changed it back to normal mode. unfortunately, that somehow messed up the phone and i had to factory reset the phone, as a last option, to correct the problem.

now the biometrics login is back when i launch Wells Fargo.

if anyone wishes to turn your phone into tablet mode, just beware it may mess up your phone, case in point.

thank you everyone for confirming biometrics login is working.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
well, my bad. i watched a video recently to turn your s22 into a tablet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1HZUVLDGoA&list=PLt_QfSoPWorma-ZsVtjAstOhsAHOmB1lr&index=5&t=144s

it was kind of nice, at least for a while. then i lost the biometrics login for a couple of my banking apps (Wells Fargo & TD ameritrade). i spent countless hours retracing my steps what's been added/changed to my phone recently. I contacted Wells support and they did not have any complaint about the missing biometrics login either.

then a couple of days ago, i read somewhere biometrics login is not supported for tablets. then i remember i changed the phone into a tablet mode using the video i posted above. naturally, i followed the video and changed it back to normal mode. unfortunately, that somehow messed up the phone and i had to factory reset the phone, as a last option, to correct the problem.

now the biometrics login is back when i launch Wells Fargo.

if anyone wishes to turn your phone into tablet mode, just beware it may mess up your phone, case in point.

thank you everyone for confirming biometrics login is working.

Glad you were able to find the solution & thanks for letting us know what the culprit was. I didn't realize that in some cases tablet biometrics handled things differently.

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma