Fingerprint or Face Unlocking

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
I have the P6P and have troubles with the figerprint sensor much of the time. I am a farmer and hands get rough at times and it seems to greatly impact the fingerprint sensor's ability to detect my fingerprint. I have found if I lick my finger or otherwise get it wet and then wipe off it works better but this is a nuisance.

I searched and didn't see this discussed. Does the P8P have face unlock? I saw some reference to it in a video but nothing showing any unlocking in use.

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
Thank you. I wasn't aware that face unlock could already be used to unlock the phone. Is this for P7 models only or is it available for my P6P. Use for other apps is important to me so I look forward to seeing how this works out.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
No face unlock on the P6P and after update to A14, the FPS got really bad (especially from the AOD screen). Looking forward to face unlock on the 8P.

Reactions: harbinger007

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I wasn't aware that face unlock could already be used to unlock the phone. Is this for P7 models only or is it available for my P6P. Use for other apps is important to me so I look forward to seeing how this works out.
Face unlock was for P7 models. Helps to significantly reduce any fingerprint issues.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have the P6P and have troubles with the figerprint sensor much of the time. I am a farmer and hands get rough at times and it seems to greatly impact the fingerprint sensor's ability to detect my fingerprint. I have found if I lick my finger or otherwise get it wet and then wipe off it works better but this is a nuisance.

I searched and didn't see this discussed. Does the P8P have face unlock? I saw some reference to it in a video but nothing showing any unlocking in use.
Yes, the P8P has face unlock, and it can be used for your banking, even! I know what you mean about work worn fingers ... I've had the P2, P6P, & P7P, and none of them could read my fingerprints. I'll betcha the P8P I ordered won't either, but at least I'll have a good face unlock this time.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

Have you tried Bag Balm?

(on your hands, not the phone) :)

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
I don't put skin lotions or creams on my hands very often but even if I did it would not help during the day when my hands are dirty or fingerprints are worn or altered from abrasions. Putting cream on during the day would probably make mud with the dirty environment I work in. I look forward to face unlock when my P8P arrives!