Fingerprint scanner sensitivity

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else finding the fingerprint scanner too be really sensitive? I keep accidentally touching it just holding the phone out while trying to put it in our remove it from my pocket. I often have to ever my pin instead as I will have pressed it more than five times.

I was excited about the location of the scanner ever since Samsung implemented it, but only got the Fold now because it finally folds flat. I recall my Sony Z5C also had the scanner in the power button, but I think it required me to press the button first and it was slightly concaved. The latter made it quite distinguishable but feel, but it was also a wider button which may be harder to implement here. Still, requiring the button to be pressed first could alleviate this problem simply and such an action is quite easy.

Sorry just ranting...

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There's a setting that you can change. I think it's under settings, security, biometrics, fingerprint you'll have to enter your pin and then you should be able to change the fingerprint sensor to only work when the screen is on