Fingerprint unlock keeps disabling

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure why, but there are times when I cannot unlock my phone using my fingerprint nor face unlock. I go to the settings and noticed that both are disabled, even after enabling it.

I have simple, automatic routines set. For example, if I am in my car, I have it set to Keep my phone unlocked. When I leave my car, it is set to reverse the settings.

However, it seems that when I do leave my car, I cannot unlock using my fingerprint because the setting is disabled.

Any reason why this is happening? It was never an issue before until the latest update:
I am running:
One UI 5.1
Version: F936USQS2CWB1
Security patch March 1, 2023

Thank you for any suggestions,
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Is that set from settings>modes and routines?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

I set it in routines. To have my phone be unlocked when I am in my car as well as my house. All other times, when the reverse happens, phone is set to lock.

It is just random. For example, today, the routines functioned correctly. I got in my car, phone unlocked. I got to work, phone locked and I was able to use my fingerprint to unlock. Yesterday, however, I was unable to unlock with my fingerprint when I got to work and noticed that the setting was disabled to unlock with fingerprint.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I set it in routines. To have my phone be unlocked when I am in my car as well as my house. All other times, when the reverse happens, phone is set to lock.

It is just random. For example, today, the routines functioned correctly. I got in my car, phone unlocked. I got to work, phone locked and I was able to use my fingerprint to unlock. Yesterday, however, I was unable to unlock with my fingerprint when I got to work and noticed that the setting was disabled to unlock with fingerprint.
I don't use routine but try clearing and resetting everything up again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet