First 24hrs with my One X

GrimmReapa

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Had my One X for 24HRS now and I am loving it, the battery life seems bearable for now, I am hoping that as time passes the battery and software optimise performance.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Grimm:
Run that battery down to self-shutoff, then charge over night.
These things come from the factory with the charge controller having only a rough idea of what constitutes Empty an Full. They often indicate empty long before its true.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Grimm:
These things come from the factory with the charge controller having only a rough idea of what constitutes Empty an Full. They often indicate empty long before its true.

This is good information. I'm going to give it a try because my battery life has been horrid for the first few days I've had it.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Grimm:

I agree here. I never ran my phone dead and then the first time I did, it was on 0% for an hour. Since then, battery life has been much more accurate.

joshrodriguez

May 14, 2011
Visit site
After a month with the phone, I easily make it a whole day and have about 40% left by 11pm after taking it off of the charger at 6a. I use it more than moderately through the day because of exchange, facebook, music and about an hour or more of calls. I'm also in chicago so LTE is on all day long. I never had anything remotely close to this with any other phone! I keep the brightness at the first tick and I turn off push email with the battery settings at the non peak times from 8p-7a. I also use wifi at work and at home so that makes a difference too. But if I wanted too I could easily go a day and a half without charging and thats with decent usage.

hansgroter

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna be picking this up tomorrow thanks for good info
Sig.jpg

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Grimm:

Funny thing is I just got off the phone with HTC Support in the US (which was a complete waste of my time time) and I was told not to do this. That you should only be giving the phone short frequent charges.

Considering that prior to this statement he had me look under the battery cover or the sim tray for the IMEI number, so I pretty much disregarded everything else he had to say.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but that just made my day. Haha!

Later one he told me he "knew the phone inside and out" to which I told him he didn't as the IMEI number isn't in either of the places he suggested. We spent the rest of the call arguing over some of the other brilliant suggestions he had and got no where.

Anyway to try and stay on topic, I really wanted to like this phone, but I lose about 10% battery an hour no matter what I am doing with it. So this one is going back, not sure if I should try another one or give up once and for all on HTC making a decent phone.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyway to try and stay on topic, I really wanted to like this phone, but I lose about 10% battery an hour no matter what I am doing with it. So this one is going back, not sure if I should try another one or give up once and for all on HTC making a decent phone.

I would try another HOX but I understand if you don't given you experience. I get about 16 hours with moderate use. I get about +100 emails a day (All Push), about 30 min of calls (via BT) about 1.5 hours of screen, BT always on, and WIFI only on from 5 pm to 7 am. I disconnect my phone at 6:00am and I am fine till 10:00pm.

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Later one he told me he "knew the phone inside and out" to which I told him he didn't as the IMEI number isn't in either of the places he suggested. We spent the rest of the call arguing over some of the other brilliant suggestions he had and got no where.

not sure if you have seen some of the other battery threads around, but two things that made my battery life go from just ok, to amazing - turn off auto adjust screen brightness and just manually set it to a good level. Also make sure under your advanced wireless settings that the best wi-fi performance is turned OFF.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
not sure if you have seen some of the other battery threads around, but two things that made my battery life go from just ok, to amazing - turn off auto adjust screen brightness and just manually set it to a good level. Also make sure under your advanced wireless settings that the best wi-fi performance is turned OFF.

I am not using the best wi-fi performance setting and have wi-fi turned off most of the day. I have my brightness set at about 33%. I even did a reset and added nothing but my google account. Turned off wi-fi and set the brightness to 33% and left the phone at my desk. Other then turning in on to see the battery drain I didn't touch it. And still lost about 8% per hour, it was over 10% with wifi and auto-brightness on. It annoys me to see everyone else getting 12+ hours a day. I think I will try one more HOX before throwing in the towel.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I would try another HOX but I understand if you don't given you experience. I get about 16 hours with moderate use. I get about +100 emails a day (All Push), about 30 min of calls (via BT) about 1.5 hours of screen, BT always on, and WIFI only on from 5 pm to 7 am. I disconnect my phone at 6:00am and I am fine till 10:00pm.

I hate you! :) Yea I will give HTC one more try. I am still a little bitter about my thunderbolt though. LOL

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I am not using the best wi-fi performance setting and have wi-fi turned off most of the day. I have my brightness set at about 33%. I even did a reset and added nothing but my google account. Turned off wi-fi and set the brightness to 33% and left the phone at my desk. Other then turning in on to see the battery drain I didn't touch it. And still lost about 8% per hour, it was over 10% with wifi and auto-brightness on. It annoys me to see everyone else getting 12+ hours a day. I think I will try one more HOX before throwing in the towel.

ya, don't give up - I get amazing battery performance. I've had a slow morning, so just a few email checks and in four hours from unplug my battery says 99%

you might have an app gone battery crazy - install a battery monitor and see if something is eating it up.

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is day 4 of having my One X and i couldn't be happier, i came over from an iPhone whitch I've used for years. I tried the Galaxy S2 when they came out and it made me hesitate about coming back to android... The One X has by far way better battery life than i expected!!! When i first bought it i charged it over night then used it till it shut off, recharged again and I'm getting a FULL day of use before charging it again at night with moderate use. :)

tm3

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I understand the title of the thread is "my first 24 hours" but I returned my HOX within the first 12 hours. First of all, what I liked about the device was the screen quality, responsiveness of the phone and the design of the device. But the audio quality of the rear speaker and applications through the ear piece audio (other than the phone application) were not acceptable.

TuneIn radio sounded very thin compared to my GNEX (GNEX was not that great either) and not in the same category compared to my wife's 4S. And Skype and Acrobits (VOIP app) were barely usable given the crackling noise in the speaker when dialing or on a call. Some threads have attributed the crackling to Skype and VOIP apps possibly not having certified applications yet for this new phone but they seemed to work fine on my GNEX (another device working on ICS 4.0).

It is unfortunate as I thought one-month into the release cycle a major app like Skype would be working smoothly. Given the amount I use Skype and other VOIP apps for communication abroad, I could not wait for the next firmware upgrade or application updates.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just so we are comparing apples to apples here, I wonder what kind of cell coverage the OP has versus some of the others posting on this thread. My area has 4G LTE, and while the blazing speeds are awesome, I'm guessing it has a greater impact on the batter performance vs. HSPA+ or 3G.

GrimmReapa

May 26, 2012
Visit site
So far the battery performance has improved dramatically, 15hrs on light to moderate usage with the screen on auto brightness. I think the companion core makes all the difference.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Grimm:

You shouldn't ever run your battery completely out so the device dies. That is EXTREMELY rough on the battery and can decrease its life significantly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tedyleted