First negative review I have seen... blames Pentile

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the DX2 for 14 days (returned it because I hated the battery life and laggy music), but I personally liked the screen better than my old DX.

As was mentioned already - try it out at the store and if you hate it, don't get it.

BringItSon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Kinda stupid article...

i mean they do raise valid point, but you know that they already had their mind on bashing from just reading a paragraph or two...

So problem they raised.

Bloatware-Phone is already rootable.. who cares i will just erase it.

Not the fastest phone- they already said phone was fast. Erasing bloatware should make it even faster.

Webtop sucks- dont care. i dont use it.

Pentile-Dont care. better than having 4h battery life, but legitimate point nonetheless.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That was a bit harsh. I have read the good and the bad. I think I am going to pop on this and webdock! This phone will NOT be smoked by a phone 5, or a prime. I love the design.

Reactions: Preach2k

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Its Gizmodo, unless its an Apple device, they hate it. They're a bunch of hack, Apple fanboys, posing as a tech site. I gave up on them a few months back

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

^^^This.
I saw the article was from Gizmodo and I didn't even click on the link. If you would have posted a thread that said "Gizmodo posted an article about the Bionic, guess what it said" I can guarantee I could guess its contents with 90% accuracy.

Reactions: crzycrkr

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't like reviews from a biased perspective. "First off, I'm not a fan of the MotoBLUR overlay, even if they're not calling it that anymore."

Great, sounds like you were doomed to hate this phone from the beginning. It's so hard for people to be constructive and neutral. "Sure it works well, but it's MotoBLUR, so it sucks" -- Yikes.

But like mentioned earlier -- It's Rootable -- hence delete the bloat and I have no interest in the Webdock and I know the SAMOLED screen is nicer but it's also dim as hell can't be read outside and sucks the life out of the battery. -- Yahoo. Sacrifices will be made. I'll see for myself. Got that 14 day return -- wait for the Prime at worst.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
They're valid points, but nothing we haven't seen/heard before. GizModo just obviously cares about them.I prefer to be able to use my phone as a GPS and see it.

I also thought the pentile looked really nice from all the photos/videos I've seen.

If they're linking to DL then you know where they are getting their information/biases from. Sheeeeeep.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, although a bit harsh most it not all of the points are valid. I bet we will see numerous threads on these items over the next few weeks. I will even bet we will see quite a few people return the phone because of the points he talks about.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
when do you think Phil will get a review out? i trust his opinion more than gizmodo or phone arena

That is true. What I got out of this article is that the items he did not mention were just as good as the other superphones out there, he just didn't want to restate them. He only pointed out the negative (Bloat, Webtop, Screen). The thing is those three items are subjective as to the end user as being good or bad. So at the end of the day I like reading reviews, but I'm the one who makes the decision and spends the money.....I will trust my own review.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
They ripped the Droid X1 apart too. The Droid X1 is one of Verizon's popular phones. Yes...they hate Moto Blur, Blur, Motorola Application Platform, Ninja Blur...

I think they might not like Motorola in general. Only reviews I'm waiting for is Anandtech's and Phone Arena's anyway. Engadget seems it like it so far.

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
They ripped the Droid X1 apart too. The Droid X1 is one of Verizon's popular phones. Yes...they hate Moto Blur, Blur, Motorola Application Platform, Ninja Blur...

I think they might not like Motorola in general. Only reviews I'm waiting for is Anandtech's and Phone Arena's anyway. Engadget seems it like it so far.

Gizmodo seriously hates anything that's not Apple. Some of their recent articles include "Steve Jobs Invented Your Dell PC And Your Android Phone", "The Nearest Steve Jobs Quotes", "The Evolution Of Steve Jobs Clothing", "We Hope Apple Wins The Patent Wars", and many, many more fanboy articles. Most are written by a tool named Jesus Diaz. Gizmodo has gone completely down the tubes. I no longer go on any of ttheir sites, and encourage others to follow suit

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
People who dont like Pentile are the same people who prefer the look of the over-color saturated HDTVs on display at BestBuy.... or dont like letterboxing on their 16:9 TV.

They dont get it.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
People who dont like Pentile are the same people who prefer the look of the over-color saturated HDTVs on display at BestBuy.... or dont like letterboxing on their 16:9 TV.

They dont get it.

lol...I think its the ppl that professionally calibrate their HDTV's, that know about black crush, color banding, that can tell the difference between the different Mhz's and ghosting that dont like pentile.

I still dont know what a gradient is...lol

I use setting found on forums....but I dont go thru the trouble of having it professionally calibrated.

The ppl that get HDTV's and never adjust the settings for the best picture for their viewing....probably wont even notice the pentile.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon