First ROM Attempts. BAMF & Synergy No Camera

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My first attempt at installing customs ROMS went ok but with a few exceptions. The latest BAMF left me with a malfunctioning camera and Wireless Tether would not give out an IP. Synergy has a good tether but again, no camera. What could I have messed up? I tried both at least twice...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
What could I have messed up? I tried both at least twice...

Not reading the thread on RootzWiki or XDA Forum. You need to research (read) all you can about any ROM, including what bugs before you install a ROM. Camera issues, Browser flash not working, GPS not working, Weather bug showing you on the other side of the world, etc, etc, etc... are just some of the bugs I've seen on some ROMs... but most all are known issues or issues you can read about before flashing the ROM.

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
OK that worked. Thanks. As far as reading about bugs, I researched Synergy and everyone on WIKI said the camera worked. I guess they meant after doing the date change trick...

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is go to settings-date&time-unchecked automatic update then go back one month and back out then open the camera app and then make sure it opens then go back and check it and if your phone powers off you have to do it again hope this helps

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I threw on BAMF 2.4.1 and the camera is indeed fixed. I still can't get a MHS or WIFI Tether program to work on it though...

henrysy

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
didn't have any problem (yet) with synergy (tweaked version) except for the wifi not giving correct IP, therefore no web access. Can anyone shed some lite into this problem. thanks.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Tethering is going to be an issue since verizon added the "tetherblock.apk" thing or whatever it is called to GB.