Fitness Bands with Notifications?

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the form factor of the fitness bands over smart watches. I'm looking for a fitness band that displays notifications from the phone. Any suggestions? Microsoft band, Garmin etc.?

Posted via the Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If you just want call notifications, the Fitbit Charge will do that for you. The Fitbit Surge, which has not been released yet, will also offer SMS notifications among other features. However, it will be larger and billed more as a "super watch", which may be too large for your tastes. The Garmin Vivosmart will give you SMS, call and email notifications. It is a bit thicker than the Charge though.

Britt Elmore

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I got an early release on the Fitbit Surge. Its awesome so far except my smartphone, a Motorola Droid Turbo, will not currently sync notifications for text and phone calls. I've emailed them asking about the problem. They say it is because "the Fitbit app is not currently supported by the Motorola Droid Turbo." The smart phone compatible list on their website does not show my phone, however the app works just fine and even syncs everything else the surge has to offer. Fitbit says they are working closely with smart phone manufactures to workout the Bluetooth 4.0 problems. So to answer your question the Surge is perfect if your phone is technically supported by the Fitbit app. Check out their list of supported smart phones before you buy. Even if your phone is not supported I'm sure It won't be long until they find a solution or I find a work around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leotere