FIX for 3.5mm hijacking BT

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I dunno if there are other ways around this issue, but I haven't had a solution to my problem until now. This was really an inconvenience for me, and I finally got it working.

Problem: When I have something plugged into the headphone jack, my Bluetooth audio gets routed to whatever's plugged in. For example, I have an AUX cable plugged into my car to play music and BT hands-free connected. When I make/receive a call, there's no sound unless I unplug the cable.

Solution:

Check out this link:

[GPL] epicBT - Call Audio Router ( Epic4G ) - bluetooth/wired conflict hotfix - 11/26 - xda-developers

It's an app that reroutes just the call audio when you have something plugged into the 3.5mm jack.

I take no credit for any of this obviously, I'm just passing along a solution to a real PITA I had.

It's made for the Epic, but it works with the Fascinate. If it messes up your phone, it's not my fault. But honestly, I've installed it with every new SC rom since DL30, and it didn't do anything. The app loads up but it didn't actually do anything when i applied the settings.
There's a guy at that forum that said it was working for him for Superclean 2.1-2.3, but it wasn't working for me.

So, I'm just throwing it out there for anyone with the same problem, maybe it'll work for you.

akatcl

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So with the audio going through the 3.5mm jack on the verizon car dock does the calls route through bluetooth if paired?
Does the epic 4g fix work for anyone.. I couldn't tell if the op was saying it worked for him or not.

akatcl

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
To answer my own question, I bought the verizon car dock and with adrenalyn's eb01 froyo and his dock patch, everything works more or less flawlessly. I can stream audio through the 3.5mm jack to the car stereo and it still routes calls through the car's built in BT just perfectly. This is nice I guess as I can use the phonebook/ dialer built into the car and of course if I have the radioCD or on it still interrupts the music normally etc. Sadly the car (despite being 2008) doesn't support stereo bluetooth.

Also annoyingly, the cradle does not pass through data. That is, the pone just acts like it's plugged into a charger and the car doesn't see a usb device at all. So... no accessing music on the storage card. I guess this is a minor thing as most relavent apps require the card to be mounted anyway. But the day mini/bmw finally updates the stereo to interface with android like it does with ipod, this will become an issue.

Of course, this doesn't resolve the OP's issue, which I would like to see.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually my problem was having to unplug the aux whenever a call came through when I was paired with my hands free bt. This app fixed the issue. Now when I pick up the call it routes the audio through my car speakers without me having to unplug anything while I'm driving and when the call ends my music resumes playing

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
generalMontana