Fix! If cases are causing your EVO to reboot...

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got my EVO today, and the first thing I did after activation was put on my Diztronic TPU case. I noticed that the power button was sticking and causing it to reboot. I was sure it was the case, since the power button was fine with it off.

Well, after trying three different cases (all from different manufactures) and still having the same issues. I was ready to return the phone; I figured that there must be a problem with the power button itself.

But after a little investigation, I discovered that it was the back cover that was actually the problem, right where it meets with the power button...all I had to do was take a razor blade and (very gently) shave some of the material away. I had to do it a couple of times since I didn't want to take too much off, but that did the trick! Now all of the cases work without a problem, and you can't even tell that I did anything to the back.

Last edited:

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully this will help someone out...most of the negative comments on Amazon seem to revolve around the case causing reboots.

william69315

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
hi i really need some help with my issue Please somebody. my evo 4g s-off hboot-0.97.0000,radio-2.15.00.09.01, i put the unrevoked forever splash boot animation on and now all my phone does is reboot and stay on the unrevoked forever screen forever until the battery dies and i can not get into recovery and i even downloaded the pc36img from a site and updated it threw holding down volume and power. after that i go to recovery and it reboots the same way everytime...like the recovery is gone or something like the rom idk and i really need my phone. i really need help

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hi i really need some help with my issue Please somebody. my evo 4g s-off hboot-0.97.0000,radio-2.15.00.09.01, i put the unrevoked forever splash boot animation on and now all my phone does is reboot and stay on the unrevoked forever screen forever until the battery dies and i can not get into recovery and i even downloaded the pc36img from a site and updated it threw holding down volume and power. after that i go to recovery and it reboots the same way everytime...like the recovery is gone or something like the rom idk and i really need my phone. i really need help

You should really post that in the ROM's, rooting, and Hacks subforum. Good luck!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi