Flaky NC, or Flaky SD Card ??

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I used autonooter 3.0.0 to try to root my NC 1.1.0.It would not boot up or turn on at all. Today when I go home from work, I plugged it into my PC and was told battery was too low to boot. I charged it to 100%, then it booted up. I checked, and to my surprise I was still on version 1.1.0. So, it was not bricked.

Today I tried autonooter 3.0.0....same result. My NC won't turn on...and when I plug it into my PC. I get a "RNDIS\Ethernet Gadget" found message, then the "Found new Hardware Wizard" opens up.

Is my sd card flaky, is the card not properly seated in the NC, or is the NC card slot bad? I tried booting a CWR card to restore my NC, but get the same messages.

I plan to wait till tomorrow and hope the battery drains, so that after a re-charge I will be back in 1.1.0. Then, I plan to take it back to B&N for an exchange...unless someone knows what my problem really is.

redwyvern

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just a suggestion: When you run the autonooter, make sure you have a decent charge on the battery, and then plug it into the pc. It can take a few minutes to install and boot. I too, had this problem before I realized that I just wasn't waiting long enough.

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. But, how long is long enough? And I might try that if I can get the NC to turn on!! Any idea about what I should do about that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenamac