Flashing Rom Troubles

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok i am feeling stupid and i would appreciate some help.

I am trying to flash clean rom. It has a separate kernel for s-on. I put the rom and the kernel on the sd. When i boot into bootloader, it immediately wants to flash the kernel. When i say no it just makes me reboot. I need the kernel on the root of the card to flash it dont i? So how i am i suppose to get into recovery to flash the rom before the kernel. Is there a way to move files to root of the card in recovery? Is there a way to just boot straight into recovery?

I know there is something simple and stupid i am missing here, but google has turned up nada.

Also, my command prompt keeps saying adb is out of date, what does that mean?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You have a PH98IMG.zip on your SD card. It will automatically flash any PH98IMG.zip when you go into the bootloader. If that's the kernel from your ROM then flash it, if not pull your SD card, then flash the kernel in HBOOT and put your SD card back in.

ADB out of date means that you have more than 1 version of ADB and the version you're using isn't the same as the one that started the ADB server. Try using the command adb kill-server. That should stop that command.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok finally got it flashed. Was a pain in the rear though. Had to flash rom l, take card out, put kernal 9n card, flash kernal, good to go. Everything went fine though

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So how i am i suppose to get into recovery to flash the rom before the kernel. Is there a way to move files to root of the card in recovery? Is there a way to just boot straight into recovery?

Once in amon ra you should see a menu that says mount USB. Select that and you can now mount your USB while in recovery. Took me a while to discover that feature but it's saved me a couple of times before I went s-off.

And, now that you've got a custom Rom going, hold the power button like your going to power off, when the menu pops up select "restart", then "recovery" and it will take you straight there.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte