Flashlight blinks when I tap to turn it on, what do I do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

TLDR below ↓

So for the past month or so, I haven't been able to use my flashlight function as the light blinks and that's it. It won't stay on. I've stopped camera related apps, cleared cache, even did a factory reset with no success. Today when I woke up this morning, I decided to test out the light, with the same expection that it wouldn't work...but it did work! Until I started my camera app to try and take a picture, the issue returned. I'm frustrated as to what to do. I called tech support early last month, was guided through a series of tests but to no avail. I know my LED isn't dead or anything, as I've had this phone for a little over a year. Any suggestions please?

TLDR: Phone flashlight blinks, tried everything with no success, woke up (Feb 2nd) and decided to test it (worked until I opened my camera app)

My phone is an LG Aristo 2 (K8)

SabJB

Feb 2, 2020
Visit site
Yes it happens in safe mode. I didn't try and bother with the light until this morning, and it stayed on. The phone hasn't taken any falls or anything, I seldom use my light for anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a number of posts about the LED flash color turning blue as well on certain LG phones, so I'd continue to lean towards hardware failure.

SabJB

Feb 2, 2020
Visit site
Is there a system app for my flashlight that I can stop? My phone has the latest software update. It can't be a hardware issue as I've had the phone for a little over a year, it has a case, and I'm very careful. I know the LED can't be burnt out, there's no damage to the bulb or camera. :/ I just want this issue resolved.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think being careful with the phone can prevent the occasional hardware glitch. The system app that controls the flashlight is the Camera app, so you can try clearing the Camera app's cache and data in Settings>Apps​.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There might also be a loose connection somewhere (which would still require a technician to open it up to diagnose/repair). You could try doing things like squeezing the phone around where the camera module is, or giving the phone a few firm whacks with your hand around that area to see if it does anything. But it really sounds like you either need to bring it to a repair shop or look for a new phone (or just accept that the LED light doesn't work properly).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463