Flat/Raised keyboard (pics)

motodroid.md

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The difference is very minimal. Although the raised keyboard does look better and is more accurate for typing. For some reason it seems like you can type faster on the flat keyboard. Although the Flat keyboard requires more looking at the keyboard for typing. One is not really better than the other and it seems that the flat keyboard is what most people have.
Picture #1 - Flat keys
Picture #2 - Raised keys

flatf.jpg

raised.jpg

Last edited:

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I swear you guys are just being too picky. My keyboard was way flat when I got it, 2 weeks later, it seems textured, Now I have keys. Yah, haha!

Am I getting used to it....Maybe.

Or Maybe, ive just using the keyboard and am now totally getting used to using it.

Really, do you think that Motorola Rolled out a whole new keyboard within weeks of the original release date. Come on droid users...

There was no new keyboard, were just getting used to it. And as far as the update, within WEEKS.....im sure its good, but lets give google real time. Imagine a 2.5, or 3.0. Quit cummin your pants over 2.0.1

motodroid.md

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
the motorola droid has been in the works for a year and half. The flat keyboards are the 1st builds and the raised keys are the newer builds. Most likely you will not see too many of the raised keyboards on the market until after all the first builds are pushed out. Its not a matter of them switching builds within one week the phone has been in the works for a while. But its all preference anyways.

motodroid.md

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Honestly its pointless to even show the difference thats why I took down pics. Whatever you have is what you have to live with either way. If anyone is still real interested in seeing the difference just PM me.

anabolix

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am really interested in seeing these pics. Hey motodroid can you send me a pm with the pics? As I can't send any pm's yet due to my low post count.

Thanks a lot bro

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
md removed the pics then reattached them after i posted this message.

I'll leave them attached so they don't disappear again. (These are the pics md has)

Flat
attachment.php

Raised
attachment.php

Last edited:

Noseeums

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
this is actually real... While the difference is only very slight, there is a difference. The first Droid I had was a build-run 42/09. It had the flat keyboard. My latest one is a 45/09 and the keyboard keys are ever so slightly bubbled. To the naked eye, there's barely a difference, but there is a big difference in how the keyboard feels to the touch.

For me, this newer one is slightly easier to type on. I think they must have tweaked something in the manufacturing process.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I dunno maybe its because I have small hands but i love the keyboard and have no problem with it. I would have like to see the raised keyboard..