Flimsy charging port

Jack Murphy2

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone else find that the charging port is extremely flimsy? Like for instance, the charger will easily come out of the charging port if bumped. I find it to be a huge inconvenience while driving and using Android Auto as it seems every time I go over the slightest bump it comes out and I have to fully pull it out and plug it back in. I have tried using a phone holder and am still seeing the same issues. The cord is not pulled tight and has slack. This happens at home while charging as well if I bump it ever so slightly. Just not sure if I should look into a warranty or not.

Thanks!

00stryder

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Some chargers I use (i.e. my third-party cables/adapters from Aukey) have been more loose fitting into the charging port, but I attribute that to the cables themselves over my phone's port as the standard Google cable that came with my Pixel 2 seems to work w/out issue.

So for me it's not an issue, but depending on how long you've had your phone, how much wear and tear it's experienced, your port might be faulty.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't easily come out. I use the cord it came with, the cord from my Pixel 1, and an Anker A to C cable in the truck without issue.

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that lint has built up in the bottom of the port and won't let the cable go in all the way. Take a needle or pin and scrape all the way around the bottom of the port and you will get a bunch of lint out and it will be like new. You may also be able to use canned air. I clean mine out about once a month.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I tested mine against store models including different cables and they were all the same with some movement but never created a problem

Jack Murphy2

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Lint was stuck in mine. Thanks for the tip stang6790! Thank you to everyone else who commented as well! Glad it was just my phone and some lint stuck.