Flyer price

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm a fan, but it does cone down to price.

I just saw a post on another Android blog with a screenshot from Amazon.de that shows a price of 669 euros. Take out the vat, convert the euros, carry the one, pull the big handle and cha-ching... $730 USD tablet.

I hope they confirm or refute that in the next couple days. If they refute and give us a $400 price point, I'm all in. If they confirm, I'll use the 10% coupon the big blue box emailed me and get a Nook Color this weekend to hold me over until the tablet-specific versions of Android mature.

Jack

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
$730 is probably the unsubsidized price. Only because Amazon was showing it with no service unlocked. So if it goes to a carrier, expect much lower prices with contract.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
$730 is probably the unsubsidized price. Only because Amazon was showing it with no service unlocked. So if it goes to a carrier, expect much lower prices with contract.

Hmm, maybe. But also keep in mind that most of the tablet plans thus far have been month-to-month no obligation plans, so I doubt we'll see any subsidizing if that continues to be the case.

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Even if that's an unsubsidized price, it points to a subsidized price that's most likely higher than I am interested in.

$400 plus $20-30/month also encourages me to hit big blue this weekend. I'm looking for $400, no contract, wi-fi only. That's the price that has me up at 4am and in line for launch day like I was for the X.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i know for myself, not going with a contract unit at all... untill cariers get there head out there hind corters and start looking at data the way the rest of us do I wont even consider buying more then one data plan... So I will go with a wifi only version and the most i would pay for something like that is maybe $599... other then that I can drop it in to a computer that can do leaps and bounds over what a tablet can do. May not be portable but hell it will play some sweet games.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarvice