FNB Banking App

Sim1201

Sep 7, 2021
Visit site
Hey All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 5.0

The FNB Banking app has been working without any problems for a loooong time but, as of the ~1 update, the update started to fail to install. I would get:

"This app is not compatible for any of your devices"

I thought this was most likely because my phone is old and still running Android version 5.0 which maybe no longer supported by FNB app. So, as I cannot get around using the app, I decided to factory reset the device.

After all of that, the problem persists. I read some articles online and some people suggested clearing the Play store cache, as well as uninstalling all updates to Play store, reboot the phone, and then try again. I did this and I still get the same error when trying to download the app.

So, I went and bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra which runs Android 10.0 and did a sim swap but the problem persists. Anyone else seen this?

Thank you in advance!

Another weird thing I am noticing, is that if I go to the play store on my laptop, navigate to the FNB app, the button states "installed". If I click it, it shows that the FNB app is already installed on my device but, it is not. This seems to point to the possible reason for the error I am getting. I have cleared data and cache for the Play store app, I have also uninstalled all updates for the Play store and restarted the phone but, the same thing keeps happening.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Banking apps are notoriously glitchy. Have you already contacted the developer to let them know the issue you're having?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If the play store is telling you that, there is no version of the app available for any of your devices, it seems reasonable to assume they've updated the app to the point that it needs a newer device/OS for compatibility. You have to remember this is a banking app that you want to keep secure, how secure can it be running on a device that doesn't get the latest security updates? You can contact them but...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another weird thing I am noticing, is that if I go to the play store on my laptop, navigate to the FNB app, the button states "installed". If I click it, it shows that the FNB app is already installed on my device but, it is not. This seems to point to the possible reason for the error I am getting. I have cleared data and cache for the Play store app, I have also uninstalled all updates for the Play store and restarted the phone but, the same thing keeps happening.

This is not unusual. The Play Store website will always show an app as "Installed" if it has ever been installed on any of your devices -- it doesn't mean the app is currently installed on a given device. If you click on the Installed button, you can still give the Play Store a command to install the app on a device you select from the subsequent list.

This is how the Play Store website behaves, but not how the Play Store app behaves.