For everyone who has issues with weather widget

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Up until 4 days ago my weather widget was working perfectly. Now in my home just says my state. I had a store check it out and they couldn't duplicate the issue. I got home and as soon as I parked my car back to saying Arizona.
It won't update, it won't do anything. I had done everything to try to correct it including a hard reset. Called Verizon tech support, they wanted me to do another reset, said NO. Took me through some other steps and then gave me HTC phone number saying it is an HTC issue. Won't give me a replacement.

HTC says there is an issue with the weather widget on The Eris and the Incredible but don't know when an update will be available. But also said there is something up with the Verizon towers in my area. But the 2nd rep I talked with said there isn't and she will not put a ticket request through to have the towers looked at.

I emailed Verizon about the issue again because I know someone in my area who has the phone and has no issues with it. So I am asking they replace it.
It was noted on my account a replacement would be sent if needed but they are refusing.

Anyone in AZ having this issue as well. North part of AZ.....Cave Creek , Carefree area or even further north?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just to cover the bases: In Settings> Location, you have EVERYTHING checked.

In Settings> Wireless & Networks, you have Mobile Network checked.

In Settings> Accounts & Sync, you have Weather checked.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have done everything and it works everywhere except in my home will only say Arizona no longer says my city thank you though. If you had read my original post in this you would see that I said that I did a hard reset

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I read your post and you said you refused to do another hard reset. Believe it or not, sometimes it does take more than one.

Are you running the stock Rom?

What changed 4 days ago - did you test drive a new app or update one from the market?

After you did the single hard reset, did you dial *228 and select option 1?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
yes and no no new apps or upgrades and yes I called *228

I used to sell wireless I know all this but again thank you

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hear that. HTC said it is a known issue with the Eris and Incredible on Verizon and I was told by HTC that something is also wrong with the Verizon towers in my area. But they won't check them out. It is only happening inside my apt. When I get in my car and start driving it will show the city. It was perfectly running till 4 days ago now 5. I just returned from the grocery store and just checked it and sure enough says Arizona !

HTC is suppose to release an update but they say they don't know when.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110