Force Close on Contacts

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Whenever I go into my dialer and press on a contact I get a force close message. Anyone else seeing this?

No? :) Have you linked all of your social media accounts, installed any other contact managers, launchers, etc.. ? I haven't, and have no issues. (note: your device listing in the forum still lists your old phone, may want to update your profile)

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using LauncherPro but am using the stock contacts. I'll switch back to Moto's launcher real quick and see if it makes a difference.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out, well sort of. I unfroze all of the apps that I had frozen with Titanium Backup and now it works. I must have frozen an app I wasn't supposed to. Now to find out which one it was.

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue. Figured out that it's caused when you freeze the Yahoo Contacts service. You have to let it run and the contacts will open without the force close message.

The Fed

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Greetings

I had this happen to my DB also. The first day I had it. I restarted the phone, and the problem hasn't reared it's ugly head since. My DB is un-rooted as of yet. I'm going to wait and see if I'm going to keep it. I'm just not sure about having this phone for the next two years and dealing with the screen. :p

toddybear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem with contacts fc ing. I found a bionic_apk.zip with both system apk and odex files in it. I extracted the zip pn my computer copied blur_yahoo.apk and odex, YahooContacts.apk and odex to my sdcard moved to system/app/ with root explorer changed permission to rw-r-r to match the other system apk's. Restarted went into ti and restored yahoo contacts. problem solved took me 26 hours to find all this info and correct files that worked for me. I love my new bionic glad there is forms out here ti help us fix our phones when we do stupid things. I will try and post the web sites and the apk zip i used for people to use sorry for the long post first time postung long time rrader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis