Ford Sync - Droid Razor Maxx HD

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys quick question. When using my Android navigation, and my car is connected to bluetooth. I can't hear the nav voice unless I switch the sync to blue tooth audio.
In my old car it was always on blue tooth and played through phone still, so you could have radio on, then hear directions on phone. Ford Sync is nav voice only through radio. Is there away around this so I can avoid nav on blue tooth?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I drive a Fusion, and I haven't found a way to do that. Luckily, for me, I don't listen to the radio. I use my phone for All Access or podcasts while driving. I did test this and try to figure out a way and came up with nothing. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. FWIW my version of Sync is in an '09 Ford Fusion, no big screen. It needs a dealer software update that I've been unwilling to pay for.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys quick question. When using my Android navigation, and my car is connected to bluetooth. I can't hear the nav voice unless I switch the sync to blue tooth audio.
In my old car it was always on blue tooth and played through phone still, so you could have radio on, then hear directions on phone. Ford Sync is nav voice only through radio. Is there away around this so I can avoid nav on blue tooth?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to listen to your car's radio while using the Nav function on your phone. You do not want the Nav voice to be heard over your car speakers, only over your phone speaker. If so, what happens if you turn off your phone's bluetooth and put phone on speakerphone mode?

When Google decided to remove the Mass USB storage function of the Android OS I lost a cool feature. In my 2010 Ford F150 and my Droid 2 Global, I could plug the USB cord into Ford Sync, and have the phone's Nav function connected via bluetooth. I could listen to music stored on my phone's SD card via USB and whenever the Nav voice gave me instruction the music would fade out, the women's voice giveing directions would play over the speakers then fade out, then music would fade back in. It was really cool. Can't do that anymore....:(

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes if I disconnect blue tooth it works properly, but then while driving I have to keep toggling back and forth to use phone.

I am thinking it is a sync issue. My pioneer would not use nav voice over radii with blue tooth connected

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Greetings, First post here. Migrated from Webos.. Dang..
My wife's Droid Maxx, 4.2.2, has no issue like OP described. Voice nav is good with Bluetooth. Our issue is with messages not being picked up by SYNC. That's a 'basic' that I'm surprised doesn't work.. I'm pretty sure that the messaging profile should be part of this version of Android. I haven't tried it yet and my wife is not tech savvy. Maybe it's a setting. I'll try it later. Take Care

SOLVED: Erased the Droid from SYNC. Upon pairing, selected 'allow access to messages' and 'Don't ask me again'. Droid Maxx, 4.2.2 works beautifully with SYNC. Not without a few glitches, but hope it's only going to get better.. Take care

Last edited:

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am saying this wrong, my phone is always on blue tooth mode, connected to my syc though when using the Google Nav, it doesn't bypass my sync radio and play the voice. The only way I can here the voice on my phone is it it is set to bluetooth audio. Which means I can only play songs from my phone if I am using the nav feature. I cannot hear it while playing the factory radio unless teh bluetooth audio is selected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19