Ford sync issues 2012

trublond

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid and cannot get mobile apps or voice recognition to work. It worked with my HTC Thunderbolt and my Samsung Galaxy S4 without any problems. How is it working for other SYNC users?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I drove my wife's 2012 the other day and I don't think it was working either.
I really didn't have a chance to check into it. I paired it and later when I tried it didn't appear to work. I'll need to give it a try some day.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
What apps have you ever used I have a 2013 f150 always searched for apps with every phone moto-x DNA,blackberry, and now the note 4 it always says no apps available or something but as far as phone calls and reading text messages and replying to them through sync works fine for me. Music also works fine YouTube stuff like that is all good to

Posted via the Android Central App

trublond

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Pandora is the main app I use. When I hit the "sync" button it responds "sync, say a command". I then say mobile apps and it goes back to playing the radio. No matter what I say it returns to the radio. I can play Bluetooth audio, but wish it worked the way it should.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The Bluetooth firmware in the Ford radio is probably not up to date enough to work with the BT codec in the note 4.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When I tried to use Sync in my 2012 Fusion to make a phone call the voice recognition was so poor I wasn't able to so I don't use Sync. One thing to keep in mind if you're using Sync to make phone calls is the road noise is loud to the party being called. I use a Bluetooth earpiece with good noise cancelling and there is no road noise. Reason I mention this is for business calls you don't want the party being called to hear loud road noise.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 f150, I can try the amazon music app tomorrow. As far as everything else, it works fine, but I've never checked the apps as I find the Voice commands rediculous.

Posted via the Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The other thing I would mention about Sync is to check Ford's Sync website for updates especially for prior model year vehicles. They're installed with a USB drive.

trublond

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everybody for the help and ideas!!
Nothing helped until my phone received an update from Verizon this week. Test this morning and everything works as expected.
The build # is KTU84P.N910VVRU1ANJ5

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to everybody for the help and ideas!!
Nothing helped until my phone received an update from Verizon this week. Test this morning and everything works as expected.
The build # is KTU84P.N910VVRU1ANJ5

So you have access to your mobile apps now?

Note in my house!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi