Forgotten lock screen pattern - now can't access my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Moto phone that's about 2 years old. I've been quite happy with it but turned off my phone going on a flight to France, didn't use the phone for a week, now can't remember the pattern I had (premature senility). Can I just log in with my thumb print? or my google user name and password? or anything ....

Help.

Mike

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Even if you have fingerprint unlock turned on, Android phones typically will still ask you for your backup PIN/password/pattern on occasion (especially after powering off and then powering back on). This is for added security. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do -- there's no legitimate way of recovering your pattern, since that would make it a pretty poor security measure. Your only option at this point would be to do a hardware key factory reset (which will require you to enter your Google account and password -- hopefully you remember that), which will wipe the phone, of course.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is that the pattern is the OP's backup, assuming they set up their fingerprint sensor.
Yes indeed, I considered that possibility, but it was not clearly stated in the question, so I had to resort to guesswork, which of course may very easily be wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995