Former WebOS user....

dodgerblue

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! New user here. Not sure if you've heard, but HP held a big event today in SF to discuss their new, upcoming WebOS products. Us WebOS users have been waiting a LONG TIME for new hardware/software to come out of Palm/HP and today, all we heard was "New and great things are coming! Just keep waiting till at least summer! And by the way, that original Pre you have? We won't be releasing anymore software for it as we promised we would." I was angered enough to go right out and pick up an EVO 4G....something that has functionality.

So.....today is my first day as an Android user. Can't wait to figure everything out.....then root the thing. Any beginner tips would be appreciated!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
And I switched in December. The Evo is a great phone.

Feel free to ask any questions and welcome!

Sent from my eVo

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the fold. After the news of HP no longer supporting older webOS devices and leaving devs out to dry, I have a feeling you won't be the last one to come over.

I was a Pre user who switched to the EVO when it launched and the phone was easily good enough to make me not miss the Pre at all. My advice is to get comfortable with the EVO before diving into the custom ROMs, of which there's one for every taste (I use Myn's Warm Two Point Two RLS5, personally.) I think you'll find that having tons of quality apps at your fingertips eclipses webOS' multitasking abilities, IMO a highly overrated function considering how half-baked and laggy the rest of the OS is.

Have fun with your new phone!

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
HP's cutting the fat (me, the webOS community and the devs). Which wasn't very much fat to begin with.

Cant say I'm surprised. Business nothing personal.

Honestly for me a rebel of sort, i hate having stuff that other people have. Something about going to android makes me feel like a sheeple. But I guess I'll make due.

dodgerblue

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, dodgerblue.

Great to see you here.

Great to be here! I'm loving my EVO so far...and android. Getting ready to root which should be fun. I'll always remember how excited I was when I discovered homebrew with WebOS. Hoping I'll get some of that same excitement again.