freaking love this thing!!!

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So. I got my gear S. I must say..smart watches are going to hit it big. People just dont fully realize it yet.

Im using mine on remote connect the whole time. NOT bluetooth connected and it saves battery life on my watch and phone at the same time. Battery life is great remote connected.

I was cooking tonight and my hands were all dirty and my wife texted me instead of reaching in my pocket with my grease hands i just replied back from the watch. Total win.

The forwarding works better then i thought. I was worried it would only forward INTO the gear. But i can also call out and make texts out and people still think its my main phone number. Total awesome

I buy every single apple device. But i must say. I won't buy a smart watch again unless it has its own data signal theres no comparison

Posted via the Android Central App

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
How long is your battery lasting? I thought remote connection would take more battery on the watch. I've been debating using remote over Bluetooth but want to make sure it's set for battery.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The battery life seems phenomenal. Im at 75% and i think it took it out of the ups box today at like 11am?

I think having it off bluetooth is actually doing better. Because it was draining faster while on bluetooth. (Also i just straight up turn off the bluetooth radio on the gear) so thats not even being powered.

xbones84

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I love this device. However, I find it really hard to believe you are getting better battery life remotely connected. You are telling is that a cell connection is getting better battery life than a BT 4.0 LE connection? I am getting outstanding battery life over BT. I would give the remote a test but my work has terrible reception and I know that would drain my battery.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ive only got one bar where i live.

I mean the Stanby drain is wonderful. I also dont really have on a billion notifications though. That might be the difference for some of you. Im really only paying attention to SMS messages etc. Ive been replying via the mic voice.

I turned off all motion btw. So i think that also helps.

Display is on auto bright.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuclei