Freedom Pro Keyboard success

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a Freedom Pro Keyboard (bluetooth) that I use with my HTC EVO, and is small and compact for travel. I thought I would try to use it with the wifi Xoom - success! Now I have one small travel keyboard for two items.

Sorry for the crappy picture. What I am using for the "stand" is a $3 metal business card holder that I bought from Staples when I bought the Xoom.

You can get more information on the keyboard (and see better pictures) on Amazon.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
1 - OP: how can you stand that thing?! I have the Apple (metal) KB, but bought the Verbatim-branded version of what you have for better portability, and was about to throw it against the wall- its so flimsy and the buttons are too small, thank God for 30-day retail return policies

2 - Yes, all BT keyboards are compatible with the Xoom

3 - HOLY FINGERPRINTS, Batman! :D

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
1 - OP: how can you stand that thing?! I have the Apple (metal) KB, but bought the Verbatim-branded version of what you have for better portability, and was about to throw it against the wall- its so flimsy and the buttons are too small, thank God for 30-day retail return policies

2 - Yes, all BT keyboards are compatible with the Xoom

3 - HOLY FINGERPRINTS, Batman! :D

1. I have very small fingers. I also do a lot of document typing, so this actually makes life easier for me (better than the evo phone keyboard). It takes a little time, but you get used to it. Great to stick in a purse.

2. Yes, works great with the EVO, and the little I've used it today with the Xoom. It did drop the connection once, but I am not sure if I did it or if the xoom did it.

3. :-[ ummmm yea, i've used the heck out of the xoom and need to clean it. I need a case and screen protector.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the piece.. I'm actually a couple of steps away from buying a BT keyboard, but i was torn between Apple or one of the smaller collapsible keyboards. Think I will go with the latter.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Since I type a lot, I would consider getting a BT keyboard for my EVO and future tablet. Thanks for the info.

If i were leaving a keyboard in one place (ie my desk at home for example) to be honest I would get a larger keyboard (not a large one, I don't like large but a regular size keyboard). I really like this one due to size and folding capabilities for travel to carry with me for whenever I need to type a document. It does take some getting used to, my fingers were always on the wrong key (I type over 100 wpm) but I eventually got used to it. For me, I needed small size and portability.