Freezing issues from time to time on rooted note 2 with ODIN stock rom

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No issues here using the original rooted stock ROM (VRALJB software. It's the Root66_VZW_stock_system.7z file) from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...how-vzw-gnote2-root-rom-via-odin-w-video.html

Only thing I can think of is to try wiping cache:

- With your Device off simultaneously press and hold Volume Up/Home/power buttons until you see Android System Recovery at the top of the screen and a green android laying down with a Red triangle above him in the center of the screen.
- Scroll down using the Volume down button and Highlight "wipe cache partition" and press the power button to select
- When it says Cache wipe complete at the bottom and "reboot system now" is highlight press the power button to reboot

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, you won't lose anything or have to set anything back up. The system will rebuild the cache on the next boot. Clearing it will help ensure there's nothing in there that may be causing a problem. I believe that's why it's highly recommended to do it after flashing a ROM. I've read others do it periodically to keep things running as smooth as possible. :)

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Is your internal memory near capacity? If so, free up some memory. Could also be a rogue app sucking up CPU cycles.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2