Fried SIM card?

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So my phone lost data a week ago but I still have strong signal. I have tried everything to fix this issue but no luck. I get 1x in cdma only mode occasionally. Sometimes 3g. Also if I go back to rev.a mode I get 3g somewhat. Any other mode I get nothing. Have reflashed the radio, and differant radios with no results. Also full wiped and upgraded from das bamf rc4 to 4.9 and still nothing. At this point I'm leading to a bum sim card. What do you guys think? I'm going to go into Verizon as is for a new sim if you think this may be the problem. Also going to go in there rooted as is. Do you think they will say anything about my phone being rooted? All I want is a sim card

Thanks

Das bamf 3.0 4.9
MR2 OTA Radio

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on the employee but I wouldn't take the chance. I would first try to see if you can get a SIM without giving them the phone. Other then that if it turns out not to be a SIM card issue they now see that your phone is rooted which may cause you more of a headache if it needs to be replaced.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If you dont want to unroot which is definitely the safest way you should atleast make a nandroid, restore your stock nandroid, then once the problem is resolved just switch back to rc4.9

Sent via Tapatalk on my TBolt

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Try to get another simcard from another TB of you know someone. I had an issue with holder getting bent that held the card in the phone and lost signal. I had to bend it back and thought I had it but still no signal and also thought the card was broken. I used someone else's card to find the holder was still off. After I got it in the correct place I was all smiles. Just fyi i bend it by reinstalling my extended batt.Good luck.

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I will try one more radio. A gingerbread radio this time. If nothing works I have my stock nandroid that I can restore then switch the radio back to MR1. Then after I can restore my 4.9 nandroid.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I will try one more radio. A gingerbread radio this time. If nothing works I have my stock nandroid that I can restore then switch the radio back to MR1. Then after I can restore my 4.9 nandroid.

Wait, you are saying you are running 4.9 with a Froyo radio? There is you issue because that is a GB rom.. Only GB radio will work.

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Wait, you are saying you are running 4.9 with a Froyo radio? There is you issue because that is a GB rom.. Only GB radio will work.
No i am running the MR2 radio but not one of the new leaked one. thats what i was refering to. that worked for a bit then lost data again. restored my froyo nandroid and now im sitting at a my splash screen....great.....

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Which MR2 radio?... are you sure it was for rooted users?...there's MR2 radios for both rooted and non rooted... flashing an unrooted radio would definitely cause a problem.

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
the MR2 and MR2.5 radios that got leaked originaly for GB builds only. i know it was the right one becuase i have been using it for months with no problems. till now.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you dont want to unroot which is definitely the safest way you should atleast make a nandroid, restore your stock nandroid, then once the problem is resolved just switch back to rc4.9

Sent via Tapatalk on my TBolt

I agree with this... leave the phone rooted and return back to the stock ROM.. if you're just going for a SIM replacement, Verizon will never notice.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like I'm having a similar problem. About two days ago I lost 3G data and haven't been able to get it back. I did go into an LTE area yesterday and got LTE signal though. But now I'm back in my regular area and now data connection at all (no 3G or 1X). Reboots don't help. I'm currently CM7 with the official MR2 radio. I've been running this setup for a while with no issues so I don't think it is the MR2 or the ROM. The SIM card never occured to me, but i did get some LTE signal yesterday, so that may not be it. Could my 3G radio hardware die?

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So today i swaped sim cards with my boss and put his sim card in my phone. data came back and worked perfect! so i figured its the sim card and went over to verizon as is, completly rooted, boot animations, sense 3.0, gingerbread, etc. out of 2 people they both said they didnt know how to do a sim card (really...) but somehow she continued to do it regardless. anyway, i got the new sim card and i dont have data again.... amost like its not my sim but something with my account or deeper down. my bosses sim worked fine in my phone and my new one and old one do not? maby she didnt do it right. idk...really fed up with this at this point and i cant revert to stock because i get stuck at splash screen when i restore my stock nandroid backup (if someone could help me that would be exelent...). soo im at a complete loss of WTF is going on......:confused:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The fact that your bosses SIM worked in your phone sounds like something is going on with your account. I would call Verizon (611) and talk to a Rep and ask them if they can test your connection over the air. Let them know that you tried someone else's sim and everything was working.

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The fact that your bosses SIM worked in your phone sounds like something is going on with your account. I would call Verizon (611) and talk to a Rep and ask them if they can test your connection over the air. Let them know that you tried someone else's sim and everything was working.[/QUOTE

Yeah, going to call them soon. The other 2 phones on our family plan haven't had this problem its got to be more of an individual issue with my phone on our account. This all happened durring an LTE outage on Tuesday I think. Something went kaput.....

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
They can force an update to your phone if you call *661 or whatever. The network settings update may be tied with the sin card which would explain why the boss's SIM worked. Call them and find out, at the least maybe they will do a warranty replacement.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer