Front Camera Issue's (white screen- no errors)

Weapon54x

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

Every time I open my camera and toggle front face camera all it shows is a white screen. The options are all there and the rear facing camera works fine. I have googled the issue and cant seem to find anyone with the same issue just people who have black screens or errors saying "camera fail". Here is what I have tried so far:
Clear camera cache and data then reboot- Didnt Work
Rebooted into safe mode -Didnt Work
Wiped the Cache Partition -Didnt Work
Factory reset- Didnt Work
Bought a new camera module and installed it. I then repeated the steps above -Didnt Work

Any ideas why its not working? or suggestions on what to do next?

I do remeber the last app I installed before the camera when bad was snapchat. When I uninstalled it and reinstalled it it did nothing for the camera. I also did the factory reset and the camera didnt work before I added snapchat again.
I took the phone apart and removed the front camera and reassembled it without it and the phone shows a black screen. When I added the camera back it went back to the white screen. Software issue?

Samsung Galaxy s4 SPH-L720 rooted to AT&T network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess would be an issue somewhere on the motherboard--perhaps with a connector or circuit related to the camera?

Weapon54x

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Thats what im afraid it will end up being...

Can I replace the motherboard with no issues or is changing the motherboard going to cause issues withe phone?

dirtybird1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

Every time I open my camera and toggle front face camera all it shows is a white screen. The options are all there and the rear facing camera works fine. I have googled the issue and cant seem to find anyone with the same issue just people who have black screens or errors saying "camera fail". Here is what I have tried so far:
Clear camera cache and data then reboot- Didnt Work
Rebooted into safe mode -Didnt Work
Wiped the Cache Partition -Didnt Work
Factory reset- Didnt Work
Bought a new camera module and installed it. I then repeated the steps above -Didnt Work

Any ideas why its not working? or suggestions on what to do next?

I do remeber the last app I installed before the camera when bad was snapchat. When I uninstalled it and reinstalled it it did nothing for the camera. I also did the factory reset and the camera didnt work before I added snapchat again.
I took the phone apart and removed the front camera and reassembled it without it and the phone shows a black screen. When I added the camera back it went back to the white screen. Software issue?

Samsung Galaxy s4 SPH-L720 rooted to AT&T network

Same here. I replaced my glass screen. I used heating on glass to soften glue. This procedure failed as I damaged the digitizer. Ultimately replaced front assembly ,lcd, digitizer. Everything works well but front camera which shows blank white screen. I thought heat might have damaged camera. Hope not motherboard problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krispaolo

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem too. what i did is i disassemble my s4 and solder the missing capacitor located on the camera socket at the mainboard and that fixed my frontcam white screen problem.

Chris_N

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I saw exactly the same problem when I took a friends Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo to a repair shop. At first the front camera worked and the rear camera had an error "device not found". The technician replaced the rear camera and now it works fine. Sadly though from that time on the front camera stopped working with a white screen and no error. The technician informed me that there is a mainboard fault that prevents the front camera working. I tried a factory reset and also tried using another camera app but that did not solve the problem. Its not worth replacing the motherboard. It could be a bad capacitor but there is always a risk in attempting a repair on the mainboard. I suppose my friend will just have to live with the problem.

Kind regards
Chris

Sonyass Kurd

Jan 24, 2022
Visit site
Ican picture with my camera but the picture is White I know why my picture is White are you can help me pless? You can erlly to ask the my question because I have the party I want my camera for I take picture with my famly sooooo erliay

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ican picture with my camera but the picture is White I know why my picture is White are you can help me pless? You can erlly to ask the my question because I have the party I want my camera for I take picture with my famly sooooo erliay
Welcome to AC!
Which device you have?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Does it remain white in Safe Mode? If so, then the front-facing camera has probably failed, and would need a repair shop to fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik