Froyo 2.2 Leak on Mac?

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if it's possible to put froyo on your fascinate using a mac. I saw the new leak and steps, but they were pc based. Is there anything out there?

Btw will I have to root my fascinate seperately? or is that just part of the process with installing the froyo leak?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if it's possible to put froyo on your fascinate using a mac. I saw the new leak and steps, but they were pc based. Is there anything out there?

Btw will I have to root my fascinate seperately? or is that just part of the process with installing the froyo leak?

First off welcome to Android Central :D .

so no you dont need to root, but you will need windows , you can possibly use Bootcamp and partition your drive and install windows on your mac, but other than that i dont know a way of installing it from a Mac. Sorry if this is not useful info :-\

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am a mac addict and have never been without one since the early 90's, but I have to do all my rooting and hacking on my phone while using my wife's PC. I guess it's just the way it is when you love a computer that doesn't give you problems LOL.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not being able to use it for hacking is a problem :)
I am a mac addict and have never been without one since the early 90's, but I have to do all my rooting and hacking on my phone while using my wife's PC. I guess it's just the way it is when you love a computer that doesn't give you problems LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Get windows. Install it via bootcamp. Then Download the necessary files on the sticky and follow the directions verbatim.

also theres a program called heimdall thats a similiar program to ODIN but for the MAC. You need froyo first so maybe you can start using it after you use the PC to get EB01 on your phone.

I never quite understood how to use it, so your on your own on that one.