Froyo 2.6 Exchange Server not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am unable to get my company e-mail working with Exchange Server. Just sits at loading messages but they never load.

I downloaded DroidXcon's .tar file here:

Super Clean version 2.6 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod w/Nonvoodoo eb16 kernel w/ dummy tether module
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EB16SC26_DXC.tar

Used Odin and applied this PDA above.

Booted up without issue. Set up my company's exchange server settings. It connects fine throughout setup but never gets any e-mail.

There are no errors that appear either. When I go to use e-mail it just shows "Loading Messages" at the top and that is it.

I then went into recovery and loaded 2_7_patch.zip and still have the same issue.

TCStehle

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed coming from a stock Fascinate to SuperClean Fascinate was the Exchange Server settings were slightly different. The Domain and Username are now separate fields in setup where before it was Domain\Username in a single field.

Just throwing that out just in case.

dberry74

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with connecting to exchange from any version of froyo. I tried the stock leak of eb01 and 3 versions of superclean. I am now using touchdown from the market and it work fine.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the domain and user were separated as well. If this was an issue however I would "think" that I would not connect to the exchange server.

I get connected. It says Loading Messages then just says Refresh. Click refresh same thing happens.

When you say take this up with Adrynalyne I assume you mean via PM? I don't want to go against forum rules etc and or be a pest.

Thanks for the tip Dberry74 I'll try that so that I can get my work e-mails.

AuTigerinBham

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing and have since leave the stock version to move to the SC 2.x versions. I can connects as it implements our company security protocols but it does not sync anything. I am using Touchdown as I await a fix.

waypoint

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem also connecting to exchange on EB01 through SC2.6. This is the only thing that doesn't work, but it is a requirement for me. I need email, calendar, and contacts from exchange. I could not get touchdown to work, so its looks like I'll be headed back to stock 2.1 until this is fix. Everything else that I have seen on froyo SC2.6 by adrenalyne looks GREAT. Make me very excited to see whats coming.

TCStehle

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll consider myself lucky then since exchange has worked for me on SC2.4, 2.6, and now 2.7. I assume it's because our servers are not sending any Security Policies.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Imho the new aosp exchange email app is a little iffy... Even when it does work the brightness has a weird glitch where the screen gets really bright when paging through emails (tested on 2.6 and 2.7.1) and the signature doesn't work (you can change it from the default but it always says "samsung mobile blah blah" anyway). Just food for thought, you are better off with an older version.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I assume it's because our servers are not sending any Security Policies.

That would be my guess. Setting up the Exchange account right as I am about to enter a name for the Account I see a notification pop up top. I pull down and click it and it states what this Exchange server will have rights to on my phone. I then click Activate assuming now that it will work. No go though :(

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Imho the new aosp exchange email app is a little iffy... Even when it does work the brightness has a weird glitch where the screen gets really bright when paging through emails (tested on 2.6 and 2.7.1) and the signature doesn't work (you can change it from the default but it always says "samsung mobile blah blah" anyway). Just food for thought, you are better off with an older version.

I started over and tried with Super_Clean_2.4 and still behaves the same. :(

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I started over and tried with Super_Clean_2.4 and still behaves the same. :(

Yeah you need to go to the eclair super clean, or go resurrect the old apk and see how that works. The froyo version is shaky right now, especially with direct exchange connections apparently. I have had good luck with owa (aside from the bugs listed above.)

triddirt

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll consider myself lucky then since exchange has worked for me on SC2.4, 2.6, and now 2.7. I assume it's because our servers are not sending any Security Policies.

I doubt it is that easy. Exchange is working for me (and always has) on stock and all versions of SC... My company does have Security Policies... so I don't thick that is the determining factor but I do suspect some server side settings...

jha1223

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it is that easy. Exchange is working for me (and always has) on stock and all versions of SC... My company does have Security Policies... so I don't thick that is the determining factor but I do suspect some server side settings...

Ditto. I've got policies being pushed to mine and it works fine on SC 2.6.

considering myself lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.