Froyo and Docks. Does the 3.5mm output work for you?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to listen to music from my car dock and couldn't last night. Wondering if this is an isolated issue or did Samsung/Sprint forget about this?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung, we have a problem.

My official car dock does not work with the official 2.2 update. I am not happy.

This is the first thing Samsung has done that has upset me. When you pay a premium to buy the official dock at a Sprint store and it doesn't work, Samsung and Sprint look foolish.

I don't have the box for it anymore(or the receipt) so can anyone give me a phone number to call and complain to Samsung?

Riebs

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Dang it!!! This is frustrating. I specifically bought the dock because it said you could play music through headphone jack when 2.2 was released. The thing that really gets me is that the headphone jack on the phone is covered up when it is the dock so there is no listening to music at all! :mad: This is not good.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought both the Home and Car docks so I can stream music too! I have now tried both the Car and the Home dock and neither work.

I even undid my root and went back to complete stock and it still doesn't fix it. I didn't think it would have anything to do with it, I was just eliminating any and all possibilities.

I still have my boxes for both and they both say to visit SAMSUNG's Digital World for more information.

Riebs

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my desktop dock direct from Sammy a few months ago, they were still calling it a multimedia dock. I see now on their website that it is referred to only as a "Desktop Dock." They must not be able to figure out how to make it work.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Support number - 1-800-726-7864

Email Support - https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=1

Live Chat Support - https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/491...er=http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Car dock product page - Galaxy S D700 Vehicle Navigation Mount | Samsung Mobile

They say nothing on the page about audio out for the car dock. I'm going to call see what the deal is and update this post.

UPDATE 1: After calling customer service, I was told to download an app called "Dock". The lady on the phone didn't know who the developer was, only that there was an app simply called "Dock" that I needed to download off the android market. After searching for "Dock", nothing came up. Does anyone know what app this could be or is Samsung full of it?

UPDATE 2:Round 2 took place on live chat. I was asked to put a battery in that had 100% charge which I happen to have. I was then asked to make sure the car dock was fully charged. Yes, thats right. I was then asked to put the phone in and out of the car dock a couple of times and give her the results. Everytime it was carmode activated with no audio out. I was then asked to do a factory reset and try again. This had a no effect on the results. I was told that there was nothing else that could be done and I should call Samsung Voice Support at 1-877-392-4252. Wish me luck

UPDATE 3: I called Samsung voice support and was told that a level 1 administrator could not assist me with this issue and I would need to call back tomorrow before 6pm cst to speak with a level 3 administrator. ooooooooooo I'm going to the big leagues.

Last edited:

hevenz1

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
WTF!!! My headphone jack doesnt work either... I listen to pandora on the way to work everyday and now i cant. Im So fuvkin Pissed

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Far as i understood it they will be releasing an update for Desk home and the car dock app and that will be able to work but as of yet no new dock app in fact its not even in the app cat any more with 2.2.1...

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: 3PO

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I was hoping it would work with Media Hub, got a road trip coming up this weekend, would be nice to be able to hear those in the car. I thought that the Fascinate had that working. Bastards at Sprint/Samsung. Seriously, I may just cancel my service tomorrow (this isn't the first issue with Sprint, more of a culmination of ******edness in their choice of phones and support... I had an OG Pre and went through 5 of them). Then I'll go back to HTC and Thunderbolt. At this point, the frustration is not worth the cheaper plan (plus, I still get 20% off at VZW).

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I was hoping it would work with Media Hub, got a road trip coming up this weekend, would be nice to be able to hear those in the car. I thought that the Fascinate had that working. Bastards at Sprint/Samsung. Seriously, I may just cancel my service tomorrow (this isn't the first issue with Sprint, more of a culmination of ******edness in their choice of phones and support... I had an OG Pre and went through 5 of them). Then I'll go back to HTC and Thunderbolt. At this point, the frustration is not worth the cheaper plan (plus, I still get 20% off at VZW).

I have had nothing but good things to say about Sprint and Samsung until this issue. I believe the fault rests more with Samsung on this one. Maybe Sprint for not doing proper tests if they are responsible for that. I dont believe this feature works for any Galaxy S device at the moment. Someone got it working with a patch on the fascinate and that same patch works with Epic also. So thank someone over at XDA for this. I have not had the chance to try the patch yet so I am just going on what I have read.

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Was one of the first things I tried also after my update, and did the search for dock also .

Chicken and egg question: did Sammy state it would work with update to remove any excuse not to by the dock as 2.2 was due 'anytime' - OR - did they state with 2.2 update because they weren't going to release the Froyo until SAMMYgate was topic of every phone forum and android site ?

does the dock audio feature work with Nexus S ?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillPlayGames