Froyo Vibrant review

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from a trip to Naples, traveled from Fort Myers with my Vibrant's gps (yup, the leaked froyo rom has a very much stable. However, the update is very buggy, with several slowdowns and internal sd card support dead(for some reason this rom just doesn't have it working). While the performance could be a lot better, it works perfectly for an every day driver. Now I know this device has touchwiz, however I replaced it with the stock gingerbread launcher from the app store (touchwiz on this build is so slow). Another thing that I liked about the build was that the widgets tab for Samsung is totally gone, so all the Samsung widgets are in one tab (meaning you can use the touchwiz widgets on a third party launcher). The browser is, choppy, when loading big pages it stutters and lags the device until the browser is done rendering the page. The text input is very much improved with a little selector to fine scrub where you want your cursor to be at. Overall, the update doesn't seem ready, but it seems to me that it is definitely ready for prime time, just a matter of fixing all of these glitches, I am sure this is an old build anyway.
By the way, device:
T-mobile Vibrant
Android 2.2 stock touchwiz jk6 update, no mods.
Please ignore any bad grammar, I am swyping this on my Vibrant

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke