FroYo will not update and other problems

wolf359.kb

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My Fascinate is not rooted but every time I try to update it I get a server unavailable message. Try back when server is availabe. I my wife updated hers fine (of course she had to to a master reset). I'm having other problems with the phone. One time a day i have to take the battery out. Some times it reboots on its own. Some programs (like my geocaching one) force close. Help nothing seems to work just right.

thanks in advance

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My Fascinate is not rooted but every time I try to update it I get a server unavailable message. Try back when server is availabe. I my wife updated hers fine (of course she had to to a master reset). I'm having other problems with the phone. One time a day i have to take the battery out. Some times it reboots on its own. Some programs (like my geocaching one) force close. Help nothing seems to work just right.

thanks in advance

What build and baseband are you on under menu=>settings=>about phone? You need to be on DL09 or EA28 to receive the update. If you are on either of those builds and still not receiving the update, Verizon estimated that about 10,000 Fascinates were unable to receive the ED01 OTA update. ED03 was supposed to fix that problem. Make sure you do not have wifi turned on as the OTA update will only work over 3G. Considering the other problems you are having, it may just be better to call verizon and let them know you still can't get the update and the standard protocol has been for them to send you a refurbished Fascinate that will already be on ED03.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali