FRP lock Stuck on boot loop

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean remember my credentials?
its not asking me any credentials.

the i think the reason to this issue , is maby cause i rooted my phone and by accident turned off develerber mode and maby OEM. im not sure! im not a expert.
All this cause i should plays stupid pokemon go with my little son. :-\

so i got all the credentials , i just neve ask my nothing cause it says FRP LOCK and turns off?
it must be porsible to fix it somehow???

In this guide it will get you all set back up .

https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/2377063?hl=en

There are links in the second post.

https://support.google.com/accounts/?hl=en&visit_id=637070973881872207-520644725&rd=1#topic=3382296

andump

Oct 19, 2019
Visit site
ok sorry .
the fact is . i didnt stole the phone or anything. i rooted it. and i got all the passwords. but my phone it turning off befor i can insert my pass

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i can get to recovery . and i allready tried factory reset many times.
but when i restart it sys FRP LOCKED and turns off again.
i can also go in download mode and connect to Odin , but when i install the phone says FRP LECKED and fails the instalation.
So when phone starts up and says Factory Reset Protection locked , No option to put password?

andump

Oct 19, 2019
Visit site
no option to put password.
it runs the factory reset with no errors.
but when i restart i goes to the SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 screen and says in red (custom binary blocked by FRP lock)
and shuts down again.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell, you'll need to re-flash the stock firmware, putting your phone back to square one. This is more than a simple factory reset, as you have to download the unadulterated firmware from Samsung and install to your phone. Do a Google search for that error message:

custom binary blocked by FRP lock

You'll find numerous instructional posts and videos on the topic.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Flash the stock ROM (with Odin) - that's the only way you're going to get out of the loop. Start in Download mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
He already mentioned he can get into download mode because FRP stopping from doing anything, failed to do anything . Whatever OP done with root and recovery looks like damaged something .

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No download mode, no phone. Except for replacing the motherboard. Which is more expensive than replacing the phone.

centaur2469

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This isn't the Google Account FRP and is not about some security concern. It's a problem with rooting. That's why I'll tell you why you can't do much with your device at the moment. Custom Binaries Blocked by FRP lock happens when invalid firmware has been flashed to the device. In other words someone tried to install a Root or Custom ROM that may have run for a couple days but then crashed. There are 4 variations of the binary lock and they are all similarly haveing the words Custom Binaries Blocked by FRP Lock. This is the Device Protection Mode. You're either having a bootloop, a redirect from Recovery, a recovery that's not usable, or what appears to be an unsuable Download Mode.
The Solve: You need these,
Odin3.13
Current Stock Firmware in tar form
Find the "U4 Binaries" for your device online and download them.
Also, find the "Unlock 4 FRP Binaries for your device and download those also.

Hoping you know how to use Odin3 the method is quite simple. You need one or the other from the two Binary files you downloaded. Flash them via Odin3 in the AP section and your device gets factory reset. There are two versions of this lock that are difficult, hopefully this isn't one of them.

I, nor Android Central are responsible if you brick your device. So you better know what you're doing or find someone that does.

centaur2469

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I almost forgot.
Usually the binaries are often from different regional versions of software. So it may change the appearance of the device. After flashing the binary you'll want to install the stock firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver