Full bars and horrible speed....speed test anyone

dakidd

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Im posting this because I wanna know if im the only HTC evo lte user getting crappy speeds

Sent from HTC Evo LTE :)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Im posting this because I wanna know if im the only HTC evo lte user getting crappy speeds

You are kidding, right? Hmm

Number of bars is only weakly related to speed. In many areas, Sprint 3G can really, really suck and be very, very slow. If you consistently have speeds under 150Kb/s, even late at night, contact Sprint and have them "reprovision" you and update your data profile.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Umm, LTE is not on yet - and Sprint's 3g Service has sucked up to this point - I'm not sure why you thought buying a new device would fix that. I'm afraid, my friend, that if you don't live in an area where network vision has started to address 3g service - it's going to be just as bad as it's always been. I live in Atlanta, and we've been through our 3g re-tool and it's given me results in the 1-2 mb/sec range - so join us all won't you - in the chant for "Sprint needs to just turn on LTE...whatever state it's in..?" (and yes, I'm aware and embrace the double entendre..

:)

Jack

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
While I'm not getting speeds this high constantly, I am consistently above 800kbps. Quite honestly I'm fine with those speeds until LTE works it's way here. Loads stuff much faster than I would expect when I'm tethered.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dakidd

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok I think I will call sprint cause this is all the time...never over a mb and again I use wifi but im having a horrible issue with that

dakidd

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess im tired of the waiting....I had the og evo day one and 3d and now evo lte....I live in NY...long island to be exact and I've played the waiting game for so long...just frustrated...I've been with sprint for 14 years...so I think I've paid my dues

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok I think I will call sprint cause this is all the time...never over a mb

You are probably wasting your time if you think getting under 1Mb/s is a problem on Sprint 3G. I have never had over 1 Mb/s for over a year and a half now. I am lucky to get 300Kb/s here. My advice was to contact Sprint if your speed is consistently under 150Kb/s (which it appears yours is) because your phone could be stuck in 2G mode (happened to me) and they CAN fix that.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Do some tests in different areas, you might find the problem's limited to a specific spot rather than everywhere. I get bad speeds at my work, sometimes around 300 kbps at max, but often around 30 kbps. I thought my slow 3G speeds might be the phone or some electronic interference, or just Sprint's overall 3G service. But I found that just a mile away, I got speeds around 2000 kbps (it was actually faster than some crap free wifi I tried to use).

So I found that Sprint has decent 3G in my area, just not consistent, and not where I need it most. Unfortunately, just knowing that doesn't really help that much. It doesn't seem like Sprint really does anything for dead zones, even in large metro areas.

dakidd

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok it seems like there it's a tower issue by me...supposedly and I own my own business which isn't far from home less then 5 miles so I'm always connected to that tower so that's why speeds have sucked for about a month now..strange as when I was at the car dealership I got nice speeds which is closer to home them work but what ever....I'm gonna wait it out and see if things get better on the sprint side and if HTC is gonna fix the software issues....what else can I do

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is actively working on upgrading their entire network nationwide, some markets are being upgraded before others. It's called Network Vision and after Sprint is done they will have a nationwide LTE network, 1xRTT / 3G Advanced and HD Voice. They will also being incorporating Clearwire's TD-LTE network once the first sites go live in 2013 as well as VoLTE (Voice over LTE). In some markets that haven't been upgraded yet 3G is actually working just fine. It really depends on where you are located and it could be that Sprint is currently upgrading your market and that's why you are having issues.

Over at S4GRU they have some sample LTE speed tests from a few that were able to connect to LTE in Athens, GA (I believe) and they are getting around 25-30mbps average and 30mbps+ peak. 3G speeds will also be much improved, on average they will run 1.6-2.5mbps.

It is painful right now in some areas but soon enough it will all be fixed.

Last edited:

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I to live on long island south shore I just did a speed test in my house with no bars and hit in the 7 hundred

from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
addrom