Future versions of Android

ron_burgundy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So the Droid is apparently the first and only phone running Android 2.0. But what happens when future versions of Android are released? Will Verizon allow the Droid to upgrade its OS?

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This is my first android phone, so I don't know what the wait has been between new versions. I think Google and Verizon probably have an arrangement that allows for faster updating than what we might have been used to with a RIM device. I don't think Google would let Verizon hold an OS hostage too long before sending it out.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
This is my first android phone, so I don't know what the wait has been between new versions. I think Google and Verizon probably have an arrangement that allows for faster updating than what we might have been used to with a RIM device. I don't think Google would let Verizon hold an OS hostage too long before sending it out.

Actually, I can't remember where I read it, but I know I read that Google pretty much ran crap when it came to building the Droid over VZW AND Moto and that they have pretty much said when there was an update available we would have it.......maybe it was engadget I read that at......

And that's verbatem lol! Jk.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I can't remember where I read it, but I know I read that Google pretty much ran crap when it came to building the Droid over VZW AND Moto and that they have pretty much said when there was an update available we would have it.......maybe it was engadget I read that at......

And that's verbatem lol! Jk.

I've read similar things. It's safe to say Google has enough weight to throw around now...even against Verizon.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I've read similar things. It's safe to say Google has enough weight to throw around now...even against Verizon.

And rightly so! lol. This is my mathematical equation for said throw around weight.

Android+1 year=iPhone contender!

That's a hell of an equation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sm1alsvrkz