G S III or GNEX???

triggergt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK i may get in trouble for this but im thinking of selling my GNEX 275-300 so I an get the GS III.

First what do you guys think. My 1 and only complaint about my GNEX is the camera. I would like to not have to have a point and shoot and have heard that the GS III camera is all that and a bag o chips. I am preordering one for the wife. Can anyone talk me out of it?? If not if anyone is interested in my GNEX please let me know. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a no no!! :D

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not a fan of the look of touch wiz but that new lock screen looks sick. And the S3 has better hardware. I might have to sell my GNex for this one guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
A phone camera may someday replace a simple point and shoot, but not yet. The point and shoot cameras are really close in quality to a DSLR (some even better than a low end DSLR). If you are just taking "snap shots", then any phone camera is fine IMO. But if you like to mess with exposure settings like ISO, f/stops and shutter speeds, then get a P&S or a DSLR. But I understand it's a pain to carry around yet another electronic device like a camera.

I'm staying away from the SG3 because I don't really want TouchWiz taking over ICS. I love how smooth the vanilla Android UI is now, and don't want another launcher on top of it.

HAXSO21

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ii was thinking the same as you. Get gnex or wait a little for the galaxy s3.. I, defiantly getting the gnex. I hate touchwiz. If I were you I would stick with the gnex. Updates quicker and stock android is always good for me. Plus I like the look of the gnex better, both hardware and software.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
id say stick w gnex for now. s3 isnt that much better. theyre not game changing differences. id def wait until the next nexus or whatever phone is announced for fall/winter thats supposed to go head to head w new iphone.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Camera is a big deciding factor for me as well, and I will be pre-ordering one. For just capturing moments in my kid's life, nothing beats the camera phone. I always have it and can share/upload it instantaneously.

I like the standard UI of ICS but don't mind Touch wiz either. What I don't understand is a lot of people who say they love vanilla ICS but then load it up with another launcher from the market. It's like when I had the Droid X, so many people were saying they hated blur but then when asked what exactly they didn't like about it, they couldn't tell you.

Now just have to decide if I want white or blue...

Reactions: jroc and triggergt

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If you really want the GS3 features you can port them over to the gnex using an Gs3 add on pack that works with Cyanogen or AOKP. That way you have vanilla ics and the option to have the S-features that Samsung slapped on the GS3. I prefer the Gnex to any other phone on the market right now. My next phone will either be one of the new Nexus phones in the fall or the rumored htc phablet that supposed to be coming to Verizon with a 1080p display.
[ADDON] Samsung Galaxy S3 Addon including TouchwizUX [CM9, AOKP, SlimICS][05.30.12] - xda-developers
Samsung Galaxy SIII Add-On Pack - YouTube

Reactions: tayswg20

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Camera is a big deciding factor for me as well, and I will be pre-ordering one. For just capturing moments in my kid's life, nothing beats the camera phone. I always have it and can share/upload it instantaneously.

I like the standard UI of ICS but don't mind Touch wiz either. What I don't understand is a lot of people who say they love vanilla ICS but then load it up with another launcher from the market. It's like when I had the Droid X, so many people were saying they hated blur but then when asked what exactly they didn't like about it, they couldn't tell you.

Now just have to decide if I want white or blue...

The two launchers that most gnex users use are Apex and Nova which are still vanilla ics just with some added features.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
GS3 doesn't have the multitask button thingy, thats a deal killer for me. Gnex stays until a nice usable quad hits at the end of the year.

Faster is just about my only reason to upgrade. Camera means nothing to me, well not that much for an upgrade anyway.

Does anyone notice the older you get the less you actually need? Im touching 40 and I just don't need things first anymore, very strange,

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
GS3 doesn't have the multitask button thingy, thats a deal killer for me. Gnex stays until a nice usable quad hits at the end of the year.

Faster is just about my only reason to upgrade. Camera means nothing to me, well not that much for an upgrade anyway.

Does anyone notice the older you get the less you actually need? Im touching 40 and I just don't need things first anymore, very strange,

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The problem is with any Android device--you buy one, and 2 months later it's outdated. You don't think that when you buy a GSIII that 2 months down the line it'll be yesterday's news? Because it will.

That makes these propositions very, very tricky to consider.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

You have to hold the home button to duplicate the multitask. I have no idea why they used the old style buttons/menus. And what's up with the hardware button in the middle? Too much like an iPhone. But, I still like the phone. My Nexus is running good now that it's been replaced again, and has 4.0.4 so I'll keep it for a while.

I'm around the same age, and have to agree. I just got the Nexus last month. In the past I would have pre-ordered the thing. Maybe it's just that there are so many Android phones that come out so often, all you have to do is wait a few months and something new will be out.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the S3 also. Main reason is that it will have global capabilities but I have never used a touch Wiz device. I love stock ICS. Is Touch Wiz as bad as Moto Blur?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums