G3 specific carrier experience.

Seth Kim

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm always going in and out of xda, android central, etc... and one thing that i've noticed quite obviously is that people that complaint about their G3s seem to be on att, verizon, or sprint. I don't see many tmobile users complaining about their g3s. I'm starting to wonder if a person is planning on getting a G3 that they should really consider if they're on tmobile or not. I'm on t-mobile with my g3 and can honestly say everytime i see a "i hate my g3" post I'm completely blown away that they're having issues. Digging into their threads they're always on one of the other carriers (att typically seems to have the most complainers). Anyway, my question to everyone is, who has a tmobile G3 that they've had enough issues to consider returning/replacing their handset. And what pushed you over the edge. I'm unrooted, using google now/nova launcher and can't be happier.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any negative experiences with my G3 other than some apps not running on 4.4.2 and they were not running on the G2 I had either. I am with Verizon and have had no reception issues anywhere in the Southeast I have traveled.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues with mine on Sprint. No lag, no noticeable bugs. Granted, I've had it only a week and a half...but I see no reason to be concerned about my choice.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
And I'm on AT&T with my LG G3, and so far no issues. I'm in the Maryland suburbs of DC. Everything's the same reception wise as was on my HTC One (M7).

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm with T-mobile and I don't think I could say I ever really had lag, but I suppose things would stutter from time to time. I came from an AT&T GS4 which lagged horribly, though, so maybe I'm not as picky as some.

On the whole I haven't had the other problems people here are complaining about either. Battery life has been good, screen looks good, no over-sharpening, etc. Sometimes the phone will get a little warm but nothing crazy. And honestly all of my android phones have done that time to time anyway.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I'd hate to see people troll just to troll, but I find myself shocked when I read that someone is returning/replacing their G3s and bashing it. The phone checks off so many features in such a small 5.5 inch package. I just don't get it.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and have had no issues with either of my G3's other than what was self inflicted.

Dropped one and had to replace the screen, switched to ART to get rid of lag, which i didnt really notice.

Art locked my phone several times a week, went back to Dalik and works fine.

Cam from a htc one s on tmo which was an absolute nightmare. Tmo did not support the phone and it had a ton of issues.

G3 has been a dream

Posted via the Android Central App

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am with Bell in Canada, and have had none of the issues that people on this forum have posted. The only thing I have done is disable some bloatware, install Nova Prime. This phone is perfect for my needs. I really can't think of anything I am missing from my experience.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It's possible that there are just more people with a G3 on att/sprint/verizon than tmobile. This would be a factor of complaints, as well as the different carrier firmwares. Just a thought. I have no factual information about user base numbers and G3 owners, but I know tmobile is generally a smaller user base than att and verizon.

Dawn B

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and just got the phone two days ago. Loving it so far, but I had problems calling out today...nothing happened...and I'm only getting up to three bars in my apartment. That's it.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
G3 on T-Mobile and no issues. Full 5 bars if service everywhere I go. No lag but battery not as good as my outgoing Galaxy S5. Loving it so far.

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
On Sprint and happy with my G3. Not long before upgrading from my old G , Sprint made some nice signal improvements where I live (rural) and I love 4g network!

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile, and I've pretty much experienced everything that has popped up on these forums. I was tempted to send it back during my two week intro period, but I think that had more to do with Android than the G3 itself.

The only issues I haven't experienced are the wifi, bluetooth, and headphone issues. My phone even has the cracked headphone jack issue. haha I don't hate the phone or anything though. I like the screen a lot and colors are great, but my main complaint would have to be lag.

As far as the other companies, main complaints I see seem to come from Verizon, and I know AT&T boggs its phones down with a ton of bloatware.

T-Mobile G3

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
At&t here. Been a few days and so far so awesome. All stock, just disabled as many at&t apps as possible.

Although mine was manufactured in November according to the box, so not sure if the first batch of hardware were bad.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
VZW here and I live in rural NW Ark and have great signal and 4g LTE almost all the time. Also call signal and quality is awesome.

Posted from my VZW LG G3

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
At&t here. Been a few days and so far so awesome. All stock, just disabled as many at&t apps as possible.

Although mine was manufactured in November according to the box, so not sure if the first batch of hardware were bad.

T-Mobile G3 and mine was manufactured in November too. No issues in ny first week.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I live in Alabama and haven't had any issues so far related to call quality or signal strength. The only nagging issue I have had is that I've made three trips out of town since I've had it, one to Nashville and two to Atlanta. The GPS either never recognizes where it currently is, I can be in Atlanta and it still shows my Alabama hometown. Or it one time stuck on a city I was just passing through so when I got home it still said I was in that town I passed through. I had to shut it down and restart it. But I don't know if that has anything to do with Verizon or the GPS setting on the phone itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG