G4 wireless charging issue. Why can't I open any apps after using it?

westfall60

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
G4 wireless charging issue

Hi all,

So I'm a big fan of wireless charging and after watching the PocketNow video on installing wireless on your G4 I went right over to Amazon and ordered the NeWisdom wireless sticker. I installed it and it worked perfectly. Monday night, I left my G4 on the charger overnight. In the morning it was fully charged as I expected but oddly enough, when I went to open an app (any app) it would black out the screen then go right back to the home screen. The phone was still functional but I could not open any app, it would just bounce me back to the home screen. I restarted the phone and that fixed it. I thought nothing about it writing it off as an oddball glitch. Last night I put the phone on the charger again and this morning I had the same exact issue. No app opens, just a black screen and back to the home screen. I'm using a Nokia Qi wireless charging stand which has worked flawlessly up till now with my other phones. Any ideas what could possibly be wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: G4 wireless charging issue

I doubt the charger is causing this. I would suspect that it is more likely that a rogue app is causing your issue.

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Mine does this too! Not every night but about 50% of the time! I have to reset my wallpaper too as it sets it back to a light blue screen for some reason and the home screen itself flashes slowly. A restart fixes it but still... come on LG

westfall60

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

I guess we're a minority. I'm almost tempted to return the phone and get a new one but I don't think T-Mobile will do anything about it since wireless charging is not an "authorized" feature by LG (unless you use the circle case). Maybe I will get one of the circle cases just to see if the problem follows the phone. Although I cant imagine everyone that bought one of the wireless stickers is having our problem, I'm sure there would be quite a few more posts about it here.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Mine does this too! Not every night but about 50% of the time! I have to reset my wallpaper too as it sets it back to a light blue screen for some reason and the home screen itself flashes slowly. A restart fixes it but still... come on LG
I did have the above happen to me, and found that the cause was using Nova Launcher to set the homescreen wallpaper. When I did it through LG, the issues stopped.

Droidnought

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

I have the LG circle case with wireless charging and my phone does this too.

Posted via the Android Central App

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Bought the $6 sticker from Amazon after watching the Pocketnow (Which by the way, I love Pockernow. Watch them everyday.) video and put it on. It charges fine and my home screen functions fine. I still think it's an app gone rough as someone else stated.