G4's iR Blaster - Any use besides a remote?

Cuerte

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
So I learned the other day that the G4 has a built-in IR blaster on the top of the device. The only use I've heard of for it is as a remote for a smart tv. Are there any other uses for this feature? I feel like there could be a bunch of cool ones just waiting to be discovered.:confused:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that it can be used to control certain washers and dryers and thermostats. Not sure what else. I've only used it for the TV and cable box.

Sent from my LG G4

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You can use it with anything that works with ir. Can control some window ac units, can use it as a manual shutter for some dslr cameras etc.

Note: for these you probably need an app besides the stock one, but it will work as long as you find an app capable

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I would like to find an app that could trigger my Nikon's shutter remotely, that would be cool. To avoid jiggling the camera when starting a long exposure, I'll usually use the 2-second timer. But being able to do it without touching the camera at all would be nice.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You can use it with anything that works with ir. Can control some window ac units, can use it as a manual shutter for some dslr cameras etc.

Note: for these you probably need an app besides the stock one, but it will work as long as you find an app capable

Posted via the Android Central App

Smart IR Remote works, but it can't learn codes because LG didn't give them the info on how to program codes for the G4, unlike HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otagg