G6 to V30? [If it looks like this!]

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
No removable battery would mean a no for me. I moved from Samsung to the V10 because Samsung sealed up the Note. I'll leave LG after this V20 for another brand that offers me this feature. But I don't think the current advances are worth upgrading anyway till phones shoot 4K at 60 fps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No removable battery would mean a no for me. I moved from Samsung to the V10 because Samsung sealed up the Note. I'll leave LG after this V20 for another brand that offers me this feature. But I don't think the current advances are worth upgrading anyway till phones shoot 4K at 60 fps.
Well you don't have a G6 then.. he is talking to those with a G6 :p.

urbanra5cal

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It's stunning, but the 835, another 2 gigs of RAM, the selfie shooter upgrade, and the auxiliary screen won't be enough for me to make the change.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Can't wait to see what this phone is actually going to be. One problem with that render is no earpiece speaker so I doubt the camera will be centered like that. Cool render though.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I had a dream about V30, it's just another G6 with newer quad DAC, 3400mah and same screen, hehe what a dream.

As far as rumors go, the V30 seems to be unimpressive in the battery department, as i have the Mate 9, it's a phone that you just can't replace with anything, but here is a hope that the V30 will have 4000mah amoung other great features.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

You're probably gonna want to stock up on batteries then lolz removables are going instinct, less and less manufacturer have that feature (which yes i called a feature because it's so rare these days).

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
You're probably gonna want to stock up on batteries then lolz removables are going instinct, less and less manufacturer have that feature (which yes i called a feature because it's so rare these days).
Not an issue. I have two and batteries are readily available for phones dating back 10 years. And I don't have to concern myself with battery health because each battery has only half the wear and should I need to replace a battery obviously its that much easier.

electricrelish

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
The only 2017 phones that I know of with a removable battery are the moto G5 and the motoe. I wish there was a high end phone with a removable battery.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Good luck. Are there any new flagships coming out with a removable battery?

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping it's basically a bigger, more power version of the G6 with better cameras.

If so I'll likely get it and consider it a wash since we got a free google home out of the G6 via Tmo.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Good luck. Are there any new flagships coming out with a removable battery?

From known companies i don't think so sealed battery are more and more usual these days and i highly doubt you'll see a high end android with removable battery this year..... (I kinda hope there's at least one release for the people who still use these)

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
From known companies i don't think so sealed battery are more and more usual these days and i highly doubt you'll see a high end android with removable battery this year..... (I kinda hope there's at least one release for the people who still use these)

I agree, I don't care for removable batteries but I do feel bad for those that do. I feel like here soon their only option will be mid range phones that likely won't get any updates.

At this point I can't think of anyone in the last 2 years that did removable battery besides LG.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I don't care for removable batteries but I do feel bad for those that do. I feel like here soon their only option will be mid range phones that likely won't get any updates.

At this point I can't think of anyone in the last 2 years that did removable battery besides LG.

Imho when you think about it i think it's kinda ironic these are disapearing as smartphones were most likely created for work and ease of life (thinking about the note here) samsung originally created the note with workers in mind and note takers/doodlers and removable battery made this a work house since then though, they moved away from that since the note 5 which was beautiful but they forgot it's biggest reason people opted for it: removable batteries. Not surprised they still sold the note 5-7 so well since they established a fan based since then but it's still sad to see those moving away since there will never be a simpler solution to battery other than simply removing it and putting in another. I never bought any replacement myself and always had battery banks but i charge more than my phone (vaping device,bluetooth headphones) so i can't really NOT have one with me, small plus too my samsung speaker (level box slim) has a battery charger in it so i can stream music and charge my g6 ahah thx samsung :D used their promotion before i traded and happily too !

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Imho when you think about it i think it's kinda ironic these are disapearing as smartphones were most likely created for work and ease of life (thinking about the note here) samsung originally created the note with workers in mind and note takers/doodlers and removable battery made this a work house since then though, they moved away from that since the note 5 which was beautiful but they forgot it's biggest reason people opted for it: removable batteries. Not surprised they still sold the note 5-7 so well since they established a fan based since then but it's still sad to see those moving away since there will never be a simpler solution to battery other than simply removing it and putting in another. I never bought any replacement myself and always had battery banks but i charge more than my phone (vaping device,bluetooth headphones) so i can't really NOT have one with me, small plus too my samsung speaker (level box slim) has a battery charger in it so i can stream music and charge my g6 ahah thx samsung :D used their promotion before i traded and happily too !

Nice! I hear ya, I'm thinking of investing in a big bad motha of a battery pack that can double as emergency power for my Macbook Pro too as well as my BT Headphones and smartphone.

That said, I think it's totally fair to say that progress in charging and battery life makes it kind of a moot point.

I mean we've got phones out there like the Mate 9 with a 2 day battery life that charge to 50 percent in like 20 minutes haha.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I love my G6, like most of you. But seriously, look at this V30 render:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1niXww1smQ

If the specs and price are right, this thing is gorgeous, and how many of you are moving on to it? :D

I wish the G6 came with the 6gb memory and SD835, but I'm very impressed and happy with my G6 so far. Considering I've only had it for 2 months then no I won't be moving to the V30

Plus I took advantage of the AT&T deal for the G6, so over 2 years I'll only pay $360 for the G6 👍👍 (if I keep the phone that long lol)

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I wish the G6 came with the 6gb memory and SD835, but I'm very impressed and happy with my G6 so far. Considering I've only had it for 2 months then no I won't be moving to the V30

Plus I took advantage of the AT&T deal for the G6, so over 2 years I'll only pay $360 for the G6 ???????????? (if I keep the phone that long lol)

That's a really good price man, kudos.

I got mine through TMO for 499 with a free google home so I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase as well.

Don't feel too bad about the 835. My brother and I have tested compared to his S8 with the 835 and we have yet to be able to show one faster than the other when we're both using Nova launcher and set our animations to .5x speed through the developer settings that you have to activate.

The Huawei Kirin 960 for example, from 2016, is just as fast as the 835 in single core (everyday use) and runs games slightly better as well (Marvel Future fight for example), and it's certainly not "brand new".

I would be really excited to see LG start using something other than QC for the SOC"s but, that's another discussion entirely haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza