Galaxy Flip 3 Under Manufacturer warranty defectove phone replacement

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Ok guys I really desperately need advice. Short version: bought samsung galaxy z flip 3 last November, still under warranty, from Verizon when I upgraded. Yesterday it cut off for no reason and is completely non-functional. So after troubleshooting for an hour the guy finally says ok we will ship out your phone to replace the defective one, will receive Monday. However it is reconditioned and once you activate it you are accepting this phone in whatever condition it is in. So after hanging up I got to thinking, I'm paying for a brand new phone, there's no damage to the phone and the malfunction is their fault nor mine. Why in the hell would I accept a reconditioned device and continue to pay full price when it's defective is on them, not on me. Wejabent received it yet and I will not be activating it but before calling them back regarding this craziness I wanted to ask for advice on the subject ad I've never had to do this before. I mean shouldn't my phone be replaced with a brand new device??? Help please!!!!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It's standard to get a reconditioned device for several reasons, you really shouldn't worry about it, the phone will look and function brand new.

For one it allows there to be a 14 day return window on phones, any phone returned simply because the user didn't like it can't be sold again and rather than going to the trash becomes a replacement device.

Another reason is that phones are manufactured for such a short duration that often times there are no longer new phones available for a replacement.

After working for Verizon for 4 years I can tell you that you probably won't get a new device no matter how much you fight or argue it. Guarantee in the fine print of the warranty and Verizons own terms of service you agreed to a like new replacement if your device fails.