Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 Camera Improvements??

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the nexus' camera is sub par... but the zero lag (?) Creates havok when not using flash. When using flash, its a totally different story... without flash i have to have the steadiest of steady hands.. the slightest hand movement will create a blurry image.... forget about trying to capture a picture on the fly... the picture is pure crap.

On the other hand.... using flash is a different story.. pictures comes out crisp. No blurriness what so ever.... most likely is bc of the camera lagging slightly...like most of my pictures... whether it is with my dlsr.. i prefer not to use flash.. the nexus camera just doesnt cut it.... without using flash at least

do you just "willy nilly" hit the camera button and hope it takes a good pic?

here is what i do to get results like my post above.
CLEAN THE LENSE...i have noticed finger print smudges on the lens creates a very SOFT image. taking 2 seconds to wipe it with a shirt helps a lot.
TAP TO FOCUS...this is where the zero shutter lag comes in handy. if you just hit the camera button, it still has to focus then snap a pic. if you tap the screen on the object you want it to focus on, let it focus, then tap the camera button, you will get better pics.

thats all.

using this method, not only do i get pretty decent pics (auto everything BTW) i also get some pretty great action shots. as long as i know something is going to happen in a certain place, i get the pic every time.
its how i get pics like this: **keep in mind this was on 4.0.2 and was TERRIBLE lighting** and no this was not the only "Jumping" shot i got.
IMG_20120128_160752.jpg

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
When using my camera on my phone, my shots are almost always planned and calculated. I use the tap to focus feature.. i always need to take 3 shots or more to get the results im looking for.. never had i taken one shot and the picture comes out crisp

Lately ive been using flash mode.... but covering the light.. pics comes out better..

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
When using my camera on my phone, my shots are almost always planned and calculated. I use the tap to focus feature.. i always need to take 3 shots or more to get the results im looking for.. never had i taken one shot and the picture comes out crisp

Lately ive been using flash mode.... but covering the light.. pics comes out better..
stop drinking so much coffee???? lol. not sure what to tell you. using the "tap to focus" method i always get some great shots with this camera. and i dont have a very steady hand at all.

exhibit A: my kitty, Bubbles
IMG_20120221_164208.jpg

exhibit b: nature shots...butterfly, flowers where a butterfly was (yup i did miss one) and a spider
all un-edited with the stock 4.0.3 camera
IMG_20120225_142546_1.jpg

IMG_20120225_142609.jpg

IMG_20120201_163637.jpg

sorry about getting off topic.

and a comparrison between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 camera shots.

4.0.3 ROM
IMG_20120307_095539.jpg

4.0.4 ROM, IMO, this is a slight improvement over the 4.0.3 photo, not to mention, on my pc, the colors look more accurate on the 4.0.4 photo.
IMG_20120412_154518.jpg

Reactions: harold42483

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice pics so the reason the pictures are either horrible or great are user error. So we need to tap to focus to get a good shot

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to think my wife's Rezound had a better camera when I first got the GN. But not anymore. My pictures have proven to be far superior. This were taken on 4.0.4