galaxy nexus soaked in water for 5 minute

nexx892

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
On memorial day my nexus went with me into a lake accidentally. About 5-10 minutes later I felt my phone and instantly took the battery out, put it in rice, and filed a claim with asurion
. Today I tried turning it on and I am typing on it now. For a while the touch screen didn't work but now it does perfectly. I tested everything and the only thing that doesn't work is the down volume button sometimes and the camera lens is filled with murky stuff from lake.
I guess I'm still going to send it back to asurion because I already paid the 100 dollar deductable and it now has a huge scratch down the middle of the screen and the volume button. But damn, it was in the water for so long, powered on, and now it works.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I went swimming once with my phone for over an hour, it wasn't a nexus or a smartphone for that matter and when I got out I dried it out and it lived on for about another month or 2 before finally dying. It was a Samsung device though, GO SAMSUNG!!

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I remember working in my dads PC board production line. We used to put them in a commercial dish washer after we were done, like plates, and rinse them off to remove the flux resin left over from the wave soldering process. This was before surface mount manufacturing was wide spread. It was feed through components and bead soldering. The problems can occur when there is current running through it and water causes a short.

Reactions: DrDoppio

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
For some reason water or moisture kills the volume rocker, down specifically.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my daughter a Samsung "dumbphone" for her birthday last year. She got it on Saturday. On Sunday, my one year old threw it into the dog's water dish. Needless to say I had to file the quickest claim ever....