Galaxy Nexus stuck on boot screen

Don R

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus (rooted, runny shiny 4.3) is stuck on the Google boot screen. To make matters worse, my volume down button is inoperable so I am unable to boot into recovery by powering on while holding the up and down volume buttons. I let it sit for over an hour and did not get past the Google screen. Is there any other trick I might try?

Thank you.

Don R

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You could plug it into your computer and give ADB a try.

Code:
adb reboot recovery

Unfortunately, the computer does not recognize that the Galaxy Nexus is plugged into it while it is stuck on the Google screen so I get a device not found error in ADB. I am beginning to think my only option will be to try to repair the volume down button.

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
That is an interesting situation. You could check out the sticky for making your gnex wireless charge, there is a step by step on how to take the gnex apart and maybe you could find the problem with the volume button. Or be able to at least connect the circuit of the button to boot recovery. Keep us posted!

sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Don R

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
That is an interesting situation. You could check out the sticky for making your gnex wireless charge, there is a step by step on how to take the gnex apart and maybe you could find the problem with the volume button. Or be able to at least connect the circuit of the button to boot recovery. Keep us posted!

sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Thank you, I will look at that and I will let you know how it goes. It will probably be a few weeks before I try this as I have a lot going on right now. I had already replaced this phone with an S4 so there isn't an urgency to get it fixed. I had the Galaxy Nexus mounted in the car and connected via WiFi to the S4 and was just using it for the GPS.

Don R

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I will look at that and I will let you know how it goes. It will probably be a few weeks before I try this as I have a lot going on right now. I had already replaced this phone with an S4 so there isn't an urgency to get it fixed. I had the Galaxy Nexus mounted in the car and connected via WiFi to the S4 and was just using it for the GPS.

I ordered a new volume button cable on eBay for $3 and just replaced it. It worked perfectly and I was able to "unbrick" my phone. Thanks for all your help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01