Galaxy Note 2 - Bluetooth configuration quesiton...? need your help...

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a question regarding the Bluetooth configuration on my Verizon galaxy note 2. I think this issue may be for the advanced users or developers..

In summary here's my situation: I have a rooted verizon galaxy note 2, that has been rooted with jellybean. I have a 2011 Ford F150 FX4 that uses Microsoft Sync. I know there's been a lot of controversy out there regarding sync, but in this case I do not believe it's a sync issue.

Here is my specific issue: If I enable Bluetooth on the phone before starting the truck, the Bluetooth syncs up normally as it should. However, if I have the Bluetooth on the phone OFF and then start the truck and begin driving and then go to turn on Bluetooth on the phone it does not automatically pair with sync. I have to manually go into the truck settings and connect the phone, then the Bluetooth will work normally. Don't get this confused with pairing the phone, I don't have to pair the phone I only have to connect it via Ford Sync.

Here are the actions I've taken to no avail:
- On the Note 2: I set the Bluetooth time to "Never Timeout"
- On the Note 2: I've unpaired the phone countless times
- On the Ford Sync: I've unpaired the phone countless times
- On the Ford Sync: Peformed a factory reset of the system
- On the Ford Sync: Upgraded to the latest firmware and repeated the steps outlined above
- On the Ford Sync: Research the issue on Syncmyride.com

Here is what I'm finding to be the problem but I dont know how to enable it on the phone... I honestly believe is a configuration issue on the phone, but I want to get your thoughts. Here is the scenario again..
- Scenario: On the Note 2, the Bluetooth setting is off, I start the truck up as I normally do. On the Note 2, I go into settings and turn Bluetooth on. The Bluetooth indicator on the phone shows up, but it does not on the Ford Sync... however, if I go into the phone's bluetooth settings... I found that the call audio box is NOT checked off... as soon as I check that "Call Audio" box on the phone, the bluetooth syncs up to the Ford Sync just fine. Where I am having the issue is... I CAN NOT find anywhere on the phone to CHECK the "Call Audio" box and have it save that way. Everytime I do this it becomes uncheck...

I know I'm kinda long winded here... but wanted to get your thoughts...? Thank you for you time...

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow that was hard to follow. I have ford sync and a note 2. After the latest update in august it works flawlessly. The only difference now is that you need to select the media device after opening the Bluetooth option.
The reason for this is that you may wish to use a different Bluetooth media device than your phone.
I never need to touch my phone to make any of this work.
Not rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes that was kind of hard to follow... You mentioned that you had a Ford sync as well, in what vehicle do you have it. You also mentioned "after the latest update in August" did you mean the latest update on the phone or sync...? I just upgraded to the latest firmware for the Sync system... And that still did not do anything.

The only other difference is my phone is rooted..

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Phil Gies

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I too have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and a Ford Edge with Sync here in Canada. Bluetooth worked very well with both my wife's iPhone 4s and my Galaxy 2. That was until Android 4.3 then my problems were the same as you described. The iPhone still worked perfectly.

I did not reset the Ford but today I phoned Samsung help at 1-888-751-4078 and had a short, polite conversation. The fellow said it was now a very common complaint and the solution for most Android users was a phone hard reset but DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP your data. I backed everything up and did a hard reset from the set itself. Worked well and now Sync and Galaxy are friends again.

BTW, I used Google backup but had loaded Kies3 (new for 4.3) and used it to back up everything, just in case. All the apps and contacts came back but of course the screens were screwed up. However this is minor stuff compared to the bluetooth manual pairing every time you wanted to connect your phone. Your mileage may vary...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchyA