Galaxy S III with 4.3 anyone?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I know that at some point we can speculate that Samsung and Verizon will probably release Android 4.2.X at some point. What we don't know is if it will be 4.2.2 or 4.3. Which version do you guys think will be released for the GS3, given the penchant for Verizon and their slow update schedule for its flagship/former flagship phones?

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S III via Android Central App

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I know that at some point we can speculate that Samsung and Verizon will probably release Android 4.2.X at some point. What we don't know is if it will be 4.2.2 or 4.3. Which version do you guys think will be released for the GS3, given the penchant for Verizon and their slow update schedule for its flagship/former flagship phones?

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S III via Android Central App

Im putting my money on 4.3,and that will probably be the resting OS for this phone.
Usually the typical android phone gets two major OS bumps in its lifetime and then support gets cut off after that in favor of supporting and marketing the newer iteration of that phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really sure what will happen with it. I find it hard to believe that they would jump as suspected but to me it makes sense to do so. Since both the 4.2.2 and 4.3 updates were incremental and didn't change as many things as the jumps we have had previously. So I would say we will likely skip the 4.2.2 and hit the 4.3 as we have already seen some images of the 4.3 for the S3 coming out. Will be interesting to see what and when it actually happens.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 with 4.3 anyone?

It's just amazing how the Verizon GS3 is still without those lockscreen widgets that my Nexus 7 and other phones on 4.2 have been enjoying for months. It's just a matter of time. We know Samsung is still supporting the heck out of this phone. So it's just bug testing and patience now.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 with 4.3 anyone?

Samsung just announced the Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 so I'm going to guess that the GS3 will get it at some point. I found a few Android forums that indicate 4.3 will roll out to the GS3, GS4, and Note 2 sometime in October.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Those rollout dates are carrier specific - Samsung may release the update in October, but who knows when Verizon will get around to it. Based on past history Verizon will be late to the party.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll predict that the update won't be ready on Verizon's network until just before Thanksgiving. They have a myriad of testing (i.e. bloatware!) before it's ready.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Supposedly KitKat is now slated for an October 14th release. So perhaps we're going to get 4.3 sooner than we think

Posted via Android Central App

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You are right, gwhizkids. Verizon might finally get this right. As long as the update doesn't Bork anyone's phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23