Question Galaxy S23 Plus Camera Issue (Blurry image when zooming in to the 3x lens)

DaddyPhatSaks

Jul 6, 2023
Visit site
Anyone having issues when you are recording in lower light and you zoom in to the 3x zoom the image washes out? I cant find anything online about it. I have dealt with samsung support, took phone into my local repair center and they said they couldnt fix it and to call samsung back, dealt with samsung support again and not getting anywhere other then they want me to send phone in to them. This is my only phone, they want me to buy another one for a temp solution. Thats ridiculous. This is a pre order phone, been doing it since day one. I was waiting to see if a software update fixed it but even with the 2.2 gig June update, its still broke. See videos below for what im talking about.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I rarely shoot video but I just played around with it and I'm not getting the blurry issue you are when zooming. I'm sitting in my living room and it's raining out, so it's definitely a low light environment. I'm no pro, but it almost seems like you have a defective lens or something. Samsung's solution to buy a temp phone is absurd!!

Reactions: DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks

Jul 6, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I rarely shoot video but I just played around with it and I'm not getting the blurry issue you are when zooming. I'm sitting in my living room and it's raining out, so it's definitely a low light environment. I'm no pro, but it almost seems like you have a defective lens or something. Samsung's solution to buy a temp phone is absurd!!
Thanks for checking it out. Yeah its just my luck. Sucks its so hard to get a warranty fix, with it being my only phone, there is no way i can go a week or more without it. Not to mention, if I get a temp phone, ill have to pay an activation fee then when i swap back to my repaired/replacement phone, will be another activation fee.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Who is your carrier? I'm with T-Mobile and never pay an activation fee when I get a new phone ... Simply pop the sim card out of the old phone and put it in new new phone and I'm good to go. (I buy unlocked phones directly from the manufacturer)

Reactions: DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks

Jul 6, 2023
Visit site
Who is your carrier? I'm with T-Mobile and never pay an activation fee when I get a new phone ... Simply pop the sim card out of the old phone and put it in new new phone and I'm good to go. (I buy unlocked phones directly from the manufacturer)
Verizon. I always buy unlocked as well. Everytime I get a new phone and swap sim, i get an activation charge.